• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Creekstone was not alone in wanting tests

Help Support Ranchers.net:

"The government should dictate minimum safety standards. But once that's done, if someone wants to go above and beyond, I would like to think we live in a country where we're able to do that," said Bill Fielding, chief operating officer for Creekstone Farms Premium Beef, based in Arkansas City, Kan.

Responce: This is just another example of to much goverment power.

From the article, "Insisting that American beef is the safest in the world, many ranchers say the USDA has already done enough. The National Cattlemen's Beef Assn., which represents 250,000 ranchers, strongly opposes universal testing.

Its producers worry that if one packinghouse -- however small -- began marketing its beef as "BSE tested," consumers would infer that it was safer. Then pressure would build on all producers to test every animal."

What does "hormone free" or "organic" infer if not greater safety? Why the double standard?

"Let's say you're conducting your own testing, and you get a false positive. You yell out: 'Guess what? We have a positive!' Know what would happen? Everybody in the world would stop trading with the U.S.," USDA spokesman Jim Rogers said.

This is Hilarious! This exact same thing happened to the USDA soon after this statement!

Shows the brilliance of the USDA!

Sandhusker: "What does "hormone free" or "organic" infer if not greater safety?"

It infers that it's "hormone free".

Want to make a valid comparison?

Would you support an FDA approved test for testing children for colon cancer?

Why not?

What if the test included a disclaimer that stated, "there is no guarantee that a child testing negative will not receive colon cancer later in life".

Then would you support it?

Same level of stupidity for supporting 100% testing that reveals nothing.

I know, I know, Creekstone happens to be the R-CULT "flavor of the month" issue so you have no choice but to click your heels and fall in line.

Understood!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandhusker: "What does "hormone free" or "organic" infer if not greater safety?"

SH, "It infers that it's "hormone free".

WRONG. It STATES that it is hormone free. Try again...what does it INFER? Statements are meant to convey a message. What message is being conveyed?

SH,"Want to make a valid comparison? Would you support an FDA approved test for testing children for colon cancer? Why not?
What if the test included a disclaimer that stated, "there is no guarantee that a child testing negative will not receive colon cancer later in life".
Then would you support it?"

I wouldn't support it but I wouldn't stand in the way of it's approval. I figure if folks want to toss their money away, it's their decision.

SH, "Same level of stupidity for supporting 100% testing that reveals nothing."

LMAO. Want to talk about stupidity, how about supporting a policy that runs counter to stated mission statements? How about claiming to embrace less government intervention, support value adding of products, and preaching the values of exports while falling in line and prohibiting exactly that? How flipping stupid is it to keep supporting a policy that has proven to be a failure? How tremendously hypocritical is it to value our own soverignity, and then trample on another nations? Where is the intelligence of a post in telling another nation that they need to change their laws and base them on "sound science"? What kind of high-headed marketing strategies completly ignore cultural differences in international dealing?

Where is any kind of rational reasoning in stating testing would set a dangerous precidence of giving a country something we are not giving our domestic customers, and then negotiating a policy where we promise to do exactly that?

How much money needs to be left on the table before you get it? How entrenched in Japan do you want the Aussies to get before you get it? How much to we have to tork off their government and citizens before you get it?

You need to take off those welding glasses USDA gave you and drink some R-CALF kool-aid - you're trying to defend complete BS and it's just flying back on you.

Sandblaster,

You keep hammering on this Creekstone issue over and over and over and you haven't brought one stitch of evidence to suggest that the Japanese Parliament would even accept testing MAKING YOUR POINT MOOT!!!!

You just keep chasing ghosts and being a chronic USDA bitcher.

How stupid is it to support a test that reveals nothing???

THAT'S DECEPTION ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT!!!

Japan has moved away from 100% testing. WHY???

BECAUSE THERE IS NO SCIENCE TO SUPPORT IT!!!

Sandblaster: "Want to talk about stupidity, how about supporting a policy that runs counter to stated mission statements?"

Whose mission statement agress to consumer deception under the guise of "FREE MARKETING"?

Sandblaster: "How about claiming to embrace less government intervention, support value adding of products, and preaching the values of exports while falling in line and prohibiting exactly that?"

NCBA doesn't support "PLEASE GOVERNMENT, SAVE ME FROM MYSELF" flawed "M"COOL laws, communist packer bans, or lying about the safety of Canadian beef. That's R-CULT's claim to fame!

What the hell does the false advertising of 100% testing have to do with value added. That's not value added! That's consumer deception!

Sandblaster: "How flipping stupid is it to keep supporting a policy that has proven to be a failure?"

You'll have to ask R-CULT about that.

I have no idea why an organization would paint themselves into a corner by lying about the safety of Canadian beef and negatively impacting our Japenese exports.

Sandblaster: "How tremendously hypocritical is it to value our own soverignity, and then trample on another nations?"

How did we "trample on other nations soveriegnty"????

By not deceiving their consumers with a test that wouldn't reveal anything?????

Sandblaster: "Where is the intelligence of a post in telling another nation that they need to change their laws and base them on "sound science"?"

Where is the intelligence in deceiving our foreign customers into believing that BSE UTM tested beef is safer when those tests won't reveal anything in cattle younger than 24 months?

Countries negotiate all the time.

In that process, the latest discussions involved age verification with Japan basically acknowledging the stupidity of your 100% testing position.

Hahaha! Japan has basically agreed that 100% BSE testing is not the best route and your still arguing for it. What gives you the right to tell Japan what they need???? LOL!

Sandblaster: "What kind of high-headed marketing strategies completly ignore cultural differences in international dealing?"

What the hell does deceptive testing have to do with cultural differences? You sound like Bill Clinton now.

Sandblaster: "Where is any kind of rational reasoning in stating testing would set a dangerous precidence of giving a country something we are not giving our domestic customers, and then negotiating a policy where we promise to do exactly that?"

What are you babbling about now?

Sandblaster: "How much money needs to be left on the table before you get it?"

There's nothing to get! 100% BSE testing is consumer deception when it won't reveal anything.

Sandblaster: "How entrenched in Japan do you want the Aussies to get before you get it?"

You can credit that to narrow minded R-CULT for suggesting that Canadian beef is unsafe when we have Canadian cattle in our mix and taking Canadian boxed beef currently.

You can credit that to narrow minded R-CULT for suggesting that SRM removal, increased BSE surveilance, removal of BSE positives from the food chain, and the feed ban doesn't assure beef safety!

Sandblaster: "How much to we have to tork off their government and citizens before you get it?"

Oh listen to you! The supreme R-CULT trade negotiator that can't even bring the proof that the Japanese government would even take our BSE tested beef. JUST CREATE THE "ILLUSION" THAT THEY WOULD.

THE GREAT "SANDBEENIE", MASTER ILLUSIONIST!

You are the one making a complete fool out of himself defending consumer deception when 100% BSE testing is not even on the table AND YOU CAN'T PROVE IT EVER WAS AN OPTION!

You got nothing here, just like always!

~SH~

SH...you haven't brought one stitch of evidence to suggest that the Japanese Parliament would even accept testing MAKING YOUR POINT MOOT!!!!

Scott you haven't brought one stitch of evidence from the Japanese Government saying they (Japan) would take our beef if we opened the border up to live cattle from Canada.

Tommy: "Scott you haven't brought one stitch of evidence from the Japanese Government saying they (Japan) would take our beef if we opened the border up to live cattle from Canada."

We have proof that R-CULT has jeoprodized our position with Japan.

Didn't you read it?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Tommy: "Scott you haven't brought one stitch of evidence from the Japanese Government saying they (Japan) would take our beef if we opened the border up to live cattle from Canada."
We have proof that R-CULT has jeoprodized our position with Japan.
Didn't you read it?
~SH~

If Japan was not concerned of the BSE crossing the border can you explain why they asked "QUESTION # 13" in the letter from the Tokyo Embassy?

http://tokyo.usembassy.gov/e/p/tp-20050304-71.html

SH, the only person claiming "deception" is you! Must I remind you of an exchange we had a few months ago where your "deception" arguement surfaced? Your whole argement boiled down that we were deceiving the Japanese because someone told them something sometime! And you "bring the facts"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Someone told them something sometime?" :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOUR "DECEPTION" ARGUEMENT DOESN'T FLY, SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SH...We have proof that R-CULT has jeoprodized our position with Japan.

Didn't you read it?

I guess I missed it Scott. What is the official Japanese Government position on R-CALF?

Or are you talking about what the reporter said that a Japanese official told him?
That is hearsay.

Sandblaster: "Your whole argement boiled down that we were deceiving the Japanese because someone told them something sometime!"

What dream are you plucking from now?

Tommy: "Or are you talking about what the reporter said that a Japanese official told him? That is hearsay."

Oh, so now if a reporter does an interview, it's hearsay when it doesn't support your bias.

How about Bullburger's latest post from Yoshi Tsuchiya? More hearsay?

~SH~

SH...Oh, so now if a reporter does an interview, it's hearsay when it doesn't support your bias.

Not at all Scott, but when that reporter will not give a name it is hearsay. There still is no official statement from the Japanese Government about R-CALF.
SH...How about Bullburger's latest post from Yoshi Tsuchiya? More hearsay?

Quote from BullBurger's article...Does It Matter To The Japanese Consumer If The United States Resumes Trade With Canada?

As long as Canadian products are completely segregated and verified, it doesn't matter.

I bet that statement does not support your bias Scott.[/i]

TOMMY,

How about Bullburger's latest post from Yoshi Tsuchiya? More hearsay?

Quote: "As long as Canadian products are completely segregated and verified, it doesn't matter."

T: "I bet that statement does not support your bias Scott"

I didn't have heartburn with source verification Tommy. In contrast R-CULT prohibited "M"ID from "M"COOL so they obviously did.

Now answer my question above instead of diverting.

~SH~

SH, "In contrast R-CULT prohibited "M"ID from "M"COOL so they obviously did. "

Are you talking about R-CALF? You must of made a typo, as a grown man seeking any degree of credibility surely wouldn't resort to childish name-calling. Can you imagine that? A mature adult spouting off like a snot-nosed elementary kid? That would be pretty rediculous! They sure would look the part of a fool.

Anyway, that R-CALF must be a powerful bunch. On this site I've learned R-CALF can close borders, control federal judges, take money from Canadian producers, etc... and now you say they "prohibited "M"ID from "M"COOL", so it seems they are also controlling congress by writing laws! WOW, what a bunch!

Sandblaster: "Anyway, that R-CALF must be a powerful bunch. On this site I've learned R-CALF can close borders, control federal judges, take money from Canadian producers, etc... and now you say they "prohibited "M"ID from "M"COOL", so it seems they are also controlling congress by writing laws! WOW, what a bunch!"

A third example of Sandblaster bringing absolutey nothing to the table to support his position but an empty statement.

~SH~

Latest posts