• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Critical Fire Weather

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Here is our weather forcast for the next few days:

CONTINUED HOT WEATHER...THUNDERSTORMS AND A COLD FRONT WILL
COMBINE TO CREATE CRITICAL FIRE WEATHER CONDITIONS OVER SOUTHEAST
MONTANA TUESDAY AFTERNOON. THE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF
PRODUCING STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND FREQUENT LIGHTNING AS THEY MOVE
ACROSS ALL OF SOUTHERN MONTANA. THE FIRE WEATHER THREAT IS GREATER
IN SOUTHEAST MONTANA DUE TO A LACK OF SPRING MOISTURE.

A WEATHER PATTERN IS EXPECTED BY FRIDAY WITH COOLER TEMPERATURES
AND PRECIPITATION EXPECTED.

Yep we tied a 1906 record high up here today- 87... I worked up a sweat out tagging and weighing a heifers new calf...I don't think I've ever calved in near 90 degree temps before...Good thing it was a little 70lb calf and momma got it done in less than a half hour because she was all sweated up too...
This is too warm too early- and scarey for what we are looking at this summer....

Philip had a big run of calves on what was supposed to be just a regular sale because of people thinking dry. Most were replacement type heifers that perceived value would go down soon or have to hold them until bred cow sales next fall.

We fought fires for 3 months last year-- wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope you can dodge the bullet. Good luck

Have a fire burning northwest of here. 15-20 miles away.. ..hopefully they are getting it under control. Quite a glow in the dark sky tonight.

hot and dusty around here, we have a hazzard fire warnin in place, dry windy and hot, sure glad I kept my tractor in the shed this spring, damned seed distributors can keep their $80cwt seed.
think I will just sit on my front porch drinkin Crown and pickin my Martin.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
hot and dusty around here, we have a hazzard fire warnin in place, dry windy and hot, sure glad I kept my tractor in the shed this spring, damned seed distributors can keep their $80cwt seed.
think I will just sit on my front porch drinkin Crown and pickin my Martin.
good luck

If you are hirin' for the job of sidekick, i'll sure send a resume! :D :lol:

Hope we all get some storms soon.

we seeded 170 acres of farm ground back to grass today. the "experts" are callin' for rain this weekend, i hope they got this one right.......

I am driving truck in Williston ND and got rained out last thursday but the country looks awful dry. I like the eighty degrees but hope the country gets some rain and not snow showers like the radio said!

Well our fire danger went down quite a bit today...Started raining this morning- still raining and have 6/10ths of an inch in the gauge down here on the river...The radar looks like the north place/pasture could have picked up close to an inch ...Weather folks say it could rain all night- and showers tomorrow..... :D :D

Big Muddy might get his snow too!

Latest posts