• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Critique this heifer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Mvc-005s.jpg

Front shot
Mvc-006s.jpg

Topline shot.
these aren't the best pics, and the herf. steer in the back is mine.

I think the left hind leg is crooked. :wink: :wink: Just kiddin' like soapweed says she looks healthy and that's the most important thing. Black cattle are hard to get good pics of when there is snow on the groung or the light is wrong.

yeah, shhh, shhh. That was when I was night hunting for the mulie I diddn't get a tag for with a handgun and a .22. shhhh. She snuck up on me... lol!! J/K!! :lol: 8) :p

OOOPppps,

I thought you were asking advise on a lady to date :lol: :lol: :lol:

PPRM

Stud I'd sure like to help you out but my puter doesn't show her good enuff,what do you think of her??

Angus Cattle Shower said:
HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
LOL! Good one PPRM!

But seriously, what do you guys think of her?
From what can be seen in these pictures, she looks thick in comparison with her pen mates, with good size bone, and alert demeanor. Any further comments would be an assumption.

DOC HARRIS

ACS,

Get some more new photo's showing front side and rear shot....AGE, ECT, TO,

PPRM

550 pound weaning wieght begs the question, "What kind of country will she be run in?" At 11 months of age, what does she wiegh? That tells me if she has grown enough to be ready to breed soon,

PPRM

You really want people to judge this heifer based on this photo? Give me a break!! A good quality heifer should be deep and long, feminine and fertile. None of these can you tell from a photo on the internet. I am a breeder of Red Angus which of course is the superior breed, :) but a quality heifer is a quality heifer no matter what the color. I'm not saying anything against your heifer, I'm just saying I can't tell anything by this picture. Alot of people know nothing about what makes a good cow and that is so sad because that is what our future is based on as cattlemen is the ability to produce a good cow who is capable of producing a calf which will bring us a profit. Good luck to you, and God Bless.[/list][/b]

greg said:
Redcows...Angus is a thirteen year old! Just askin for a little advice on his heifer.
greg - I'll have to stand up a little for Redcows - no one knew that the boy was only 13. But possibly you should have helped him with the pictures a little bit, or prepared him for what he was going to get back on the posts.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS said:
greg said:
Redcows...Angus is a thirteen year old! Just askin for a little advice on his heifer.
greg - I'll have to stand up a little for Redcows - no one knew that the boy was only 13. But possibly you should have helped him with the pictures a little bit, or prepared him for what he was going to get back on the posts.

DOC HARRIS

Well all you have to say is the picture's are a bit fuzzy.

As for red angus being the superior breed that could be debated till ---- freezes over. I do know you can breed a Grade black cow to a Reistered Black bull get a Red calf and Register it as a 1/2 blood red Angus and keep breeding up from there.I also know that I can breed the same black cow to the same black registered bull get a black calf and it's a grade calf also.In this day and age any Assn: whoes book's are still open to register whatever are dishonest.

Latest posts