• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

cure for illegal immigration problem

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Brad S

Reaction score
I visited with an old guy at Mc Chokes in Chadron the other day at first because he had a purple heart liscense plate. Anyway, he wanted to talk, and i figure I owe an old vet my attention and respect.

At one point he sort of changed the subject to stopping illegal invasions - said the problem was simple. Make the ivasion a felony with a year incarceration the penalty. THe felony distinction would render the criminal inelgible for consideration in any guest worker/citizenship application. He's right, criminals laugh at our policies, but might change their habits. He also said the employers of invaders must face the same sanctions, but most invaders are very clever at obtaining fraudulent documents to deceive employers.

cheaper than the budget for the rediculous catch and release game going on now. Now I suspect some would be criminals would be deterred by a heavier penalty. If in fact the criminal immigrants are economic responders, the increased penalties should have that result.

We can always afford to incarcerate criminals better than we can afford to allow their criminal behavior.

cut off welfare for illegals and that would help tremendously. we've had a few work for us and one yr I saw that one received 5k in tax returns and never paid a dime in. and he was one of those that needed two days a week off to go to wic, the doctor, etc and when I asked him how much it cost him he told me it was all free that the state or gov paid for it

It would be very economical to house the illegals in tent jails,and work them on county road crews,when they have served their sentence.........deport them...............good luck

This is another reason we need to close our borders to these foreign invaders...Once we shut our borders down to this invasion and remove all the illegal invaders from the nation--then we can look at- and only then should we look at allowing Mexican trucks with LEGAL green cardholders into the country....
The Police Officer killed by this dog sh*t was from North Dakota....This guy don't even deserve a tent- unless it is a gas chamber...

----------------------------------------------------

After deportation, shooter was caught, freed again

The Arizona Republic
Sept. 20, 2007 12:00 AM

Erik Jovani Martinez should have been in prison and not jaywalking the day he gunned down Phoenix police Officer Nick Erfle.

But despite a lengthy criminal history and a deportation, Martinez remained free, even after he was arrested again in the Valley just two months after he had been forced to leave the country in 2006.

Martinez has an extensive juvenile record that includes assaults and auto thefts. He was a documented gang member who admitted in court papers that he drank and smoked marijuana and crack cocaine. His first arrest, in July 1999, came after his parents reported him as incorrigible.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0920copfolo0920shooter.html

all emotions aside .....
it is a proven fact that the crime rate for illegals is LOWER than it is amongst citizens in the US.

You have a large potion of your economy supported by the use of illegal immigrants. How many of your children pick lettuce or cabbage? Those are the jobs that must be done by the illegal (some call it slave) class of your society. You neither have the political fortitude or the physical capability to deal with the estimated 12 million illegal aliens, a good portion of which were actually born on your soil. There are many children that are considered illegal aliens that have never known life in another country.
Cherry pick crimes and talk all you want about putting men, women, and children in tent jails ..... it will never happen.

elwapo said:
all emotions aside .....
it is a proven fact that the crime rate for illegals is LOWER than it is amongst citizens in the US.

You have a large potion of your economy supported by the use of illegal immigrants. How many of your children pick lettuce or cabbage? Those are the jobs that must be done by the illegal (some call it slave) class of your society. You neither have the political fortitude or the physical capability to deal with the estimated 12 million illegal aliens, a good portion of which were actually born on your soil. There are many children that are considered illegal aliens that have never known life in another country.
Cherry pick crimes and talk all you want about putting men, women, and children in tent jails ..... it will never happen.

I dont care if tomatoes go up to $15 dollars a piece,if you are an illegal you go to jail,after you serve your sentence you get deported,in the mean time we process aliens legally,allow them to come into the country work/pay taxes like the rest of us do.................good luck

Elwapo, "it is a proven fact that the crime rate for illegals is LOWER than it is amongst citizens in the US. "

From "OneNewsNow.com" ; An immigration reform organization has published a study that indicates there is a higher incidence of crime among illegal aliens than in the population of the United States as a whole. The study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) was conducted in response to studies by certain academic researchers and think tanks, whose data showed a lower incidence of crime among immigrants than among native-born Americans.

FAIR's Ira Mehlman says those scholars and think tanks' findings are misleading, as they included crime statistics from legal immigrants, who are very thoroughly vetted and have much lower crime rates. But that is not the case for illegal aliens, he asserts.

"Illegal immigrants come across the border without any sort of inspection, without any permission," Mehlman points out. "And, not surprisingly, there is a much higher incidence of crime among illegal immigrants than there is among the rest of the population," he says.

Also, Mehlman notes, a high percentage of gang activity is perpetrated by illegal aliens. "Those are primarily illegal immigrant gangs," he explains. "The MS-13, which is a Salvadoran-based gang, the 18th Street Gang, which is a Mexican gang -- these are the new mafias that are springing up all across the United States."

And while illegal aliens represent just under three percent of the overall United States population, they represent over four and a half percent of the overall prison population, the FAIR spokesman points out. "What we found was that, nationwide, the incidence of illegals aliens being in the prison system is about twice the size that you would expect from the overall U.S. population," he says.

The evidence uncovered in FAIR's study "basically points to the fact that, if you've got illegal aliens in your community, you should expect a higher rate of crime from them as opposed to the rest of the community," Mehlman says.

The study released by FAIR clarifies what the group claims is misleading data from academics and think tanks, whose research shows the overall crime rate is lower among immigrants than among native born Americans. When researchers isolate illegal alien criminal activity rather than looking at the entire immigrant population in the U.S., Mehlman notes, the crime rate is much higher.

first, all invaders are criminals - that's 100%

second, invaders are more likely to commit crimes besides the invasion

third, the economic arguement falls on deaf ears - if there was a shortage of labor then the price would rise and attract new workers

I admire good work ethic from anyone, including Mexicans. I really resent anyone that thinks they're going to come to America and tell us what our laws are going to be.

ok stetson
thats 12,000,000 illegals at 5,000 each = 60,000,000,000 ??????
then whats the cost to jail and deport them
then who picks the crops, mows the lawns , and does all the work others wont
you think your national debt is high now?
your solution would break the country and cause all out anarchy

Wouldn't simply deporting them back DEEP into Mexico be worse punishment than putting them in US jails? No more of this 'ring-around-rosie' game of dumping them just across the border and they beat the agents back into the US.

BTW, I read last night that the going wage for picking veggies in Calif. is about $12.00 per hour, and that many of the farmers are now finding it easier to move their operations into Mexico for a reliable supply of better workers and eliminate the hassles by compliance and/or raids by immigration agents. Anyone have any first-hand information on that?

mrj

First, seal the border...everything else is irrelevant until this happens. Use the National Guard and/or the military...after all, that is their Constitutional job...protect the sovereignty of the USA!

Second, give the 12 mil in the country 6 weeks to go to their local police station to give their names, address, and finger prints (and provide Federal funding for locals to hire extra officers and needed equipment). The illegals get a photo ID & number to give to their employer. All who don't comply become felons and are deported...NO RECOURSE!!!

Third, require employers to have worker SS#s checked and hiring illegals without a valid ID becomes a felony.

Most importantly, put the blame where it belongs...on the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT. This corrupt government has failed to create an economically prospering environment that would keep their citizens in country and able to provide their families with a better life!

mrj said:
Wouldn't simply deporting them back DEEP into Mexico be worse punishment than putting them in US jails? No more of this 'ring-around-rosie' game of dumping them just across the border and they beat the agents back into the US.

mrj

What you gonna do Maxine--stick a parachute on them and push them out at 10,000 feet when you get 500 miles south of the border :???: :wink: :lol:

Remember-we don't really have free run of their country yet--altho GW's trying his darndest to get it colonized..... :( :mad:

Nope-- We have to do just like Robert Mac says-- and we need a Prez that ain't playing pattycakes with one of the most corrupt governments in the world...

Mexico has one of the most resource rich countries in the World--but they only have mainly two classes of people - the poor and the very rich, and as I saw a expert on Mexico say "those very rich all live like Kings in their own little Kingdoms"- and pay no or very little taxes....
He also commented that if you gave Mexico to Taiwan- and let them develop it- in 10 years it would be the wealthiest nation in the world...The current President is making an effort to change some of the tax structure and give more hope for the poor--But as for now he has no optimism of them changing- as they now figure the US will take care of them.....

"Most importantly, put the blame where it belongs...on the MEXICAN GOVERNMENT. This corrupt government has failed to create an economically prospering environment that would keep their citizens in country and able to provide their families with a better life!"

Wasn't NAFTA supposed to do that?

Robertmac
I agree with your solution !

There is no moral way to deport millions of children that were born on your soil into a third world country!

elwapo said:
Robertmac
I agree with your solution !

There is no moral way to deport millions of children that were born on your soil into a third world country!

Problem with Robert Macs idea is that it would take Congress several years to just figure out what color the ID card should be :wink: :lol:

Latest posts