• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Daggum it!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
I came home while ago..hadn't been gone 15 minutes, My blueheeler "Cowboy" (yes I have one named that too) met me at the truck whinin and carryin on..he never does that. So I got him up to the porch light where I could see and he was limpin. left front paw..somethin wrong...upon further examination....he has two...TWO seperate snake bites on that one paw. I immediately gave him benedryl and antibiotics hoping that will help with the swellin...but it's blowin up fast.
2005-08-30-Cowboy-Snakebite.jpg

note the lil red dots.....there's another set on the topside of his paw.

2005-08-30-Cowboy-Snkbt-Big.jpg

This was about 15 minutes after I gave him the meds.

Someone else was just talkin bout dogs gettin snake bit on the boards...now mine got it :cry:

I kinda thought that myself after I took the picture lol but today the swelling has gone down some and he's gettin around alot better.
my interpretation of what he said last night.
" Owwww Owwww Mom look!!!! It hurts!!!! Do something!!!! Your crammin what down my throat??? Uhggggggg!!!! Ouchhhhh it hurts!!!!! Fix it mom.......oh don't touch it......!!!!"

He's male by the way LMAO

somethin kinda funny bout this deal..shorts n boots that is. I got up yesterday mornin grabbed the cut offs n slipped my boots on to take daughter into town to school. I dont EVER go anywhere and be seen in public in my shorts and boots...well I came back home..piddled around the house doin stuff.....did some mowin....in and outta the house all day....hubby came home from work and we had to go into town to pick daughter up from volley ball practice......I guess since I'd wore that all day it started feelin normal. Cuz it never crossed my mind. picked up the kid..stopped in at the lil mom n pop store to get a dr pepper....I walked all the way to the back of the store....gettin my fountain dr pepper...and the lady that owns the store peeps around the corner n says...."my aren't we lookin especially nice today"...
Oh you bet he gotta chewin when we got out to the truck..lettin me go all the way to town lookin like that !!!!!

I dont have any capri's.....but I do remember back when they were called peddle pushers...lol Always thought Chevrolet made the Capri hehe

Amazing ain't it..I've lived long enuff to see a car name turn into a name for britches....and thongs was sandles.....and now they've turned into skivvies....

haha I dunno bout bein in style...I been wearin wranglers for the last .......ummmmm......23 or 24 years, since way back in highschool.
Oh and the rockies too....wore them for work, but nothin as comfortable as a good ole faded broke in pair of wranglers.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Shhhhh ya wasn't sposed to notice the boots n shorts....

I didnt notice shorts but "SHE GOT LEGS" time to dig out the ZZ TOP cd.

katrina said:
skivvies???? I thought that was underwear????Remember when we would of never though or would of died before we were out of style.

Lord almighty!! that reminds me of a story..... :wink: ...one of my sons friends came over to help us out last summer with the last of the haying...the young man was wearing a cut up t-shirt and shorts and "flip-flops".....leave it to the hubby to HAVE to comment...."never seen a cowboy in shorts and thongs"...thought the poor kid was gonna die of embarassment...especially when the daughter had to say "uh, dad....we call those flip-flops....geez, you're old!!" :oops: :oops:

oh just take a trip to any college campus. I had to go stand in line with son to get registration, talk to an advisor, all that nifty stuff..the lines are horrendous......and it takes foreverrrrrrr....but goodness gracious at all the lil gals runnin around with their...scivvies (thongs) pulled up under their arm pits and their hip hugger britches fallin off, draggin the tracks outta their bell bottom pants legs....wearin flip flops n talkin on a flip phone, totin a backpack. I told my son, "wow, the doors have opened to new possiblities for your Christmas presents now!!!!! Just what color of flipflops do you want Mama to buy ya?" Even the guys were wearin baggy britches n flipflops....
The look I got was pricelesssssssssss~!!!

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
oh just take a trip to any college campus. I had to go stand in line with son to get registration, talk to an advisor, all that nifty stuff..the lines are horrendous......and it takes foreverrrrrrr....but goodness gracious at all the lil gals runnin around with their...scivvies (thongs) pulled up under their arm pits and their hip hugger britches fallin off, draggin the tracks outta their bell bottom pants legs....wearin flip flops n talkin on a flip phone, totin a backpack. I told my son, "wow, the doors have opened to new possiblities for your Christmas presents now!!!!! Just what color of flipflops do you want Mama to buy ya?" Even the guys were wearin baggy britches n flipflops....
The look I got was pricelesssssssssss~!!!

Lilly----is this gonna be the last time your son allows you on campus with him??? :wink: I can just imagine his face...if he's anything like my kids, that is! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been so busy that I haven't had time to check the board much lately (just the ones I've already posted on). Sorry to hear about Cowboy lilly. I hope I didn't jinx you with talking about our dog getting bit :(

I have a soft place in my heart for blue heelers ('specially others named Cowboy) and your pictures almost broke my heart. Poor guy. I'm glad to hear he's doing better. I read that only 5% of dogs will die from a rattlesnake bite, and I doubt a heeler with prompt care would ever die. They are just too tough.

Here's to no more snake bites this year!

Latest posts