• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

DDG's

Help Support Ranchers.net:

We just got a load of DDG the dry stuff. The ticket that came with it had the following information on it:

Crude Protein Min 25%
Crude Fat Min 9%
Crude Fiber Max 12%
Calcium Min 0.01%
Calcium Max 0.40%
Phosphorus Min 0.70%
Moisture Max 12.50%

Big Muddy rancher said:
Denny said:
So how tricky is it to get acroos the border.

Do you have your passport?

It is real easy if you buy it here and take it south. Not so easy for me to take it south to sell it to you.

No but my wife has got me working on one right now. Maybe summer time before I have one.

Denny said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Denny said:
So how tricky is it to get acroos the border.

Do you have your passport?

It is real easy if you buy it here and take it south. Not so easy for me to take it south to sell it to you.

No but my wife has got me working on one right now. Maybe summer time before I have one.

fh has hers..... I'll bet she would drag it across for ya.... Of course it would prolly take some green stuff for her and me... Being broker and all... :liar: :devil2:

Denny- does your syrup freeze the way you do it? i've been told you need to have a place underground so it doesen't freeze.

mn said:
Denny- does your syrup freeze the way you do it? i've been told you need to have a place underground so it doesen't freeze.

Nope. The syrup I'm feeding now has been on the ground over two month's and it is stiff but as soon as you scoop it up it breaks apart. I can take a few photo's tommorrow to show you how it is.I mix it in the feeder wagon and it spreads out real well better than wet cake that stuff freezes hard in the dead of winter but here on out It'll stay thawed. The syrup we get this week I bet won't hardly set up much as the nights are'nt as cold.I'd pour a sloped cement pad before I'd go with a tank. I like to keep thing's simple and scooping with the skid steer is pretty simple.It may freeze harder if it were on cement I don't know for sure.

Andy said:
how do you store your syrup denny?

On the ground basically in a make shift shallow pond.Stack bales on 3 sides and fill the leaky spots with silage or ground hay that will plug up the leaks.I have it on a slope of a hill.

how many gallons does that hold? Could you get some pictures? I am trying to come up with some ways to utilize the syrup with out spending a bunch of money on a tank and pump.

Andy said:
how many gallons does that hold? Could you get some pictures? I am trying to come up with some ways to utilize the syrup with out spending a bunch of money on a tank and pump.

15 TO 20,000 Gallons I'll get some photos the next few days were about out but I have a load to pickup tomorrow evening and sat morning.

Latest posts