• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dear Collin Kapernic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Your stand against oppression might seem heroic and courageous to some. I find it highly offensive! You say you will not stand to honor a flag that waves over a country that oppresses blacks and other minorities. And if you want to take a stand, please realize who you are lumping together in your "cause"! Every solider who walks the walls at night to keep evil away from all our families, walks beneath that flag you despise. Every policeman who kisses his family goodnight, as he goes to keep bad people from hurting good folks, works his shift under that flag. Every farmer who helps feed America and the world, works his fields in freedom thanks to that flag. Every school kids who learns the pledge of allegiance, does it while seeing the good old red, white and blue.

You claim America oppresses blacks. Which America would that be? The one that has worked in behalf of civil rights for decades? The one that rushes to help on any corner of the globe when disaster strikes? The America you despise Is the same country that has the most freedom for its citizens on this planet. So many freedoms that people are lined up legally and sneaking in any way they can to live here!

You must be including me as well in your "sit" against oppression! What have I ever done to earn your disgust? My family immigrated here from Holland with the clothes on their backs. They scraped enough money together to go west and settle an area where rainfall is measured in tenths of an inch and built a ranch from a government homestead of 640 acres. They had to eek out a living while proving up on their homestead by gardening and living off the land here on the desert. They worked and bled and saved and died working for the American Dream. You dis-honor each of them with your ignorance and misguided cause!

The America we live in today is not perfect Collin. NO COUNRTY ON THIS PLANET IS!!! We have flaws and we have scars that none of us are proud of. But we do our very best to live with our neighbors and treat folks fairly. For you to imply that all Americans oppress any race is laughable. And sadly, tragic. But when we have a President who has proclaimed that he has never been proud of America and that we are not exceptional in any way, I imagine people like you will follow that lead and do what you do!

Your generalization of all Americans is offensive. And the divide will continue to deepen as long as you and our President keep doing nothing to solve the very things you complain about. From a person who respects all races, creeds, religions and nationalities, I urge you to re-examine your logic. Realize how throwing all Americans under the loop of oppressors will never change the few that truly do oppress. And you will lose our support for the good you would try and do.

This Flag and this country deserve much more from you, than a few seconds of standing to honor it while our National Anthem plays, prior to a game you make millions of dollars for playing. Like you, we are not perfect. How about we work together to unite instead of continuing drifting further apart as Americans, regardless of our color? Stand with me for all Americans! Stand with me for Freedom! Stand with me for a better tomorrow. Or keep sitting and make things worse! God Bless America!

H'

Was listening to an interview that said he's recently joined Islam, so if that's true, maybe we're lucky that sitting through the National Anthem is all he's done.

Colon Kaopectate......a recent convert to the "religion of peace", and, from what I've read, also soon to be unemployed.

I wonder just how proud his white adoptive parents are of him right about now.

Sitting on your ,.. @55,. isn't doing anything..

wearing pig socks is ignorant. .. bet the NFL has some sort of dress code for the rest of the players and staff..

Birds of a feather defend each other.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/05/obama-defends-kaepernicks-national-anthem-protest/

Obama defends Kaepernick's national anthem protest

President Obama on Monday defended San Francisco 49ers backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick's decision not to stand during the playing of the national anthem.

"[H]e's following his constitutional right to make a statement," Obama said at a press conference in Hangzhou, China, responding to a question about the quarterback. "I think there's a long history of sports figures doing so."

The president added, "I don't doubt his sincerity. I think he cares about some real, legitimate issues that have to be talked about. And if nothing else, he's generated some conversation around some topics that need to be talked about it."

Kaepernick has refused to stand for the pre-game playing of the national anthem, citing racial injustice and the oppression of minorities in America.

At Monday's press conference, Obama reiterated his call for an "active citizenry" and praised the 28-year-old professional athlete for speaking out: "I would rather have young people who are engaged in the argument and trying to think through how they can be part of our democratic process than people who are just sitting on the sidelines and not paying attention at all."

Obama didn't encourage standing for the playing of the national anthem, but signaled that others might not respect Kaepernick's move.

"I think there's a lot of ways you can do it. As a general matter when it comes to the flag and the national anthem and the meaning that it holds for our men and women in uniform and those who fought for us, that is a tough thing for them to get past, to then hear what his deeper concerns are," he said.

But the president said: "Maybe some of his critics will start seeing he has a point around certain concerns around justice and equality."

while, Unproven, didn't his wife say? ""All of this for a damned flag?""

respect for country seems to fall flat on those who have disdain for this great country making it easy fro them to criticize publicly.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/forflag.asp

I really like most everything you said H. I can't stand the kneeling for the anthem. I also like what Jerry jones said about firing anyone who doesn't. Some of issues kapernick brings up are valid however. You talked about lumping all Americans together. In a lot of instances people lump all black people together as thugs and criminals. I have seen it first hand as my cousin married a black guy who is one of the neatest people I have ever met. He is a parole officer and he coaches football at the college he graduated from. He's a big guy is bald and has an ear ring. You should see the people stare and avoid us like the plague when I visit and we play a nice golf course. I have many other stories but you get my point. I despise what kapernick is doing but I feel some people are missing it completely. Don't believe me? Next time it's cool out and you see a white kid with a hooded sweatshirt and the hood up think about how you feel toward the kid. Then think about how you would feel towards the same kid if the only thing different was the color of his skin. I'm guilty of it as well just think we can all grow and become better every day.

Respect cannot be Legislated, it must be earned. When you have 12% of the population committing more than 50% of the crimes, something is not making sense.

3 M L & C said:
I really like most everything you said H. I can't stand the kneeling for the anthem. I also like what Jerry jones said about firing anyone who doesn't. Some of issues kapernick brings up are valid however. You talked about lumping all Americans together. In a lot of instances people lump all black people together as thugs and criminals. I have seen it first hand as my cousin married a black guy who is one of the neatest people I have ever met. He is a parole officer and he coaches football at the college he graduated from. He's a big guy is bald and has an ear ring. You should see the people stare and avoid us like the plague when I visit and we play a nice golf course. I have many other stories but you get my point. I despise what kapernick is doing but I feel some people are missing it completely. Don't believe me? Next time it's cool out and you see a white kid with a hooded sweatshirt and the hood up think about how you feel toward the kid. Then think about how you would feel towards the same kid if the only thing different was the color of his skin. I'm guilty of it as well just think we can all grow and become better every day.
But he is completely safe, as you would never be, and be racially targeted, in many Black areas.

Traveler said:
3 M L & C said:
But he is completely safe, as you would never be, and be racially targeted, in many Black areas.

You're probably right. But have you ever been pulled over on interstate for not using your blinker for a lane change and the officer has his hand on his gun ready to draw it on you? I'm not talking in the projects either. Like middle of Kansas on I-70. Just trying to get everyone to think a little.

3 M L & C said:
Traveler said:
3 M L & C said:

You're probably right. But have you ever been pulled over on interstate for not using your blinker for a lane change and the officer has his hand on his gun ready to draw it on you? I'm not talking in the projects either. Like middle of Kansas on I-70. Just trying to get everyone to think a little.
Yes. For blowing through a stop sign in Indian Country. No big deal.

When we cross the border at little old Raymond MT most of the time we have 3 officers at the door, one takes out passports and asked us questions and maybe looks in back seat and box of truck, one checks passport into computer and the last one stands saying nothing just watching with his hand on his gun.
On the Canadian side we have a little gal that says welcome to Canada.

Traveler said:
Yes. For blowing through a stop sign in Indian Country. No big deal.[/quote]

But do you deal with stuff like that every day? He does. I'm not trying to dispute that there are lots of black crimes and so on just throwing it out there that we as a country are not as open minded as everyone likes to believe. I'm just as guilty of it as anyone just looking at both sides.

Big Muddy rancher said:
When we cross the border at little old Raymond MT most of the time we have 3 officers at the door, one takes out passports and asked us questions and maybe looks in back seat and box of truck, one checks passport into computer and the last one stands saying nothing just watching with his hand on his gun.
On the Canadian side we have a little gal that says welcome to Canada.

Yes, but we have a lot to fear from our Canadian neighbors. Not like Mexico........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's just nuts, isn't it? :( Our nation is run by idiots.

Some good thoughts expressed already, but I'm being a little lazy today, so will jump in here, too.

First, I think being a talented, therefore privileged young athlete, has more to do with what people think of the antics of the man in question than does his color. Add the points of his support of Islam, and his failure to understand that things he accuses the 'white' population of largely ended many years ago. EXCEPT for those of both races who find political and even financial benefit to keeping the pain of slavery alive in the minds of people yet today, long after leaders of the USA were actually leaders of ending slavery in most of the world, yet it continues in some societies of non-white peoples in other parts of the world.

I don't know about other parts of the USA, but there have been black people in SD at least since Homesteading days, and yes some of them did have their own Homesteads. They have been neighbors and friends, even in 'redneck' western SD for many generations, now. Whether or not they ever suffered discriminations, I do not know.

But I do know that people, being imperfect human beings, will and do find ways to 'discriminate' against others for a variety of reasons, from social standing, 'wrong' side of the tracks families, being poor, rural 'hicks' and on and on. I also know that sometimes the slights are in the mind of the one who feels slighted, more than from any intent of the 'slight-er'. Been there as a child, but as an adult, understand those incidences were more likely a combination of both intent of the one questioning me about my family, and my perception of their interest as more about gossip than concern for us rather than as the 'putting me in my place' I felt at the time.

Re. young men in hoodies, again, there are reasons for being suspicious of people who even appear to be hiding their identity, in many places, are there not? Sad, but we do have to be aware of circumstances more than ever these days.

I'm amazed that there is any notice taken on a golf course in any city of mixed race golfers! That is really sad, and should be dealt with in some appropriate way, such as the board or officials of the city. Having a son-in-law in the military for 20+ years, stationed in several places from way north to deep south, they always had friends who were very obviously not white. And still do. Maybe because there is an air base in Rapid City, the major medical and trade center for our family all our lives, and with much of SD with Native American land and people, plus our many colleges and universities with professors of all nationalities, it just isn't strange, or even very noticeable to see people of other cultures if one isn't totally self-centered.

I'm not saying you are wrong to feel the way you do, but to urge you to be proud of your relative, and to try to find the real reasons the discrimination, then work to solve it. Sometimes it helps to grow a pretty thick skin where seeing personal slights from words and actions of others are concerned. Maybe even a 'why give a damn' attitude. But if everyone doesn't want to love, or even like me for who I am, it just isn't my problem and I'm not going to waste time worrying about it. Wish everyone could feel that way because there would be less emotional pain in the world.

Point: discrimination is not now, nor !ever has been reserved for 'black' people. I'm large percentage Irish, some English, a little German.........and 'my' people have been in this country since the beginning of the influx from Europe, after as one researching uncle put it "we were wimps! Run out of every country in Europe, to Ireland and Scotland to Plymouth Rock!" And I have no doubt that each new-comer to this land was discriminated against, probably most often by his own predecessors to the area! It is pretty hard to get past our 'human nature' until we get more civilized and understand the benefits of Christianity in our treatment of one another....and live it!

End of 'sermon' for the day. Time to get some fall chores like windows and doors cleaned before cold weather sets in. But sure do hope hurting people can find ways to end the pain of all forms of discrimination.

mrj

Latest posts