• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

December 16-20, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Stripedskyatnight800x600.jpg

Striped sky at night. Everything must be alright.
Cattledriveinprogress800x600.jpg

Cattle drive in progress
Crossingthebridge800x600.jpg

Crossing the bridge
Makingalittleracketastheygo800x600.jpg

Making a little racket as they shuffle across
Crewinaction800x600.jpg

Crew in action
FindWaldotheonewhowatches800x600.jpg

Where's Waldo, the one who watches?
Thereisabeaverdamattheback800x600.jpg

There is a beaver dam in the back.
Onthemove800x600.jpg

On the move
Steppingalong800x600.jpg

Stepping along
Thecowsgotabitdusty800x600.jpg

The cows got a bit dusty as they plodded down the trail.
Acoupleofmyoffspring800x600.jpg

A couple of my offspring
Drivingalong800x594.jpg

Almost there
Shuttingthegatefromhishorse800x600.jpg

Shutting the gate from the back of his horse
Thegangisallhere800x600.jpg

Taking roll call before we disperse. The gang is all here. :wink:
AtaballgameSaturdaynight800x600.jpg

My dad and my youngest sister at a ball game Saturday night
Readytoworksomecattle800x600.jpg

Ready to work some cattle
Sundownoverapond800x600.jpg

Sundown over a pond
Loadingoutbredheifers800x600.jpg

Loading bred heifers
TheywillsellonThursday800x600.jpg

They will sell on Thursday in Valentine.
56wentonthetruck800x600.jpg

70 head are set to sell, which are all quite similar in size and conformation. 56 were loaded onto a truck and 14 were on our 24' trailer.
A test weight of the 14 averaged 1059 pounds. We sold and delivered 35 head of smaller heifers yesterday, and they weighed 997 pounds.
SomeCodyfolks800x600.jpg

Some folks from Cody made a calendar again this year. The November picture features Sparky's shop wall.

nice pics as always, soap....LOOOOVED the pic of the sunset!!! sure has been nice to be able to watch your "offspring" grow up...seems like just yesterday your Cosmokid was just a pup!! wow!!! :D

kris said:
nice pics as always, soap....LOOOOVED the pic of the sunset!!! sure has been nice to be able to watch your "offspring" grow up...seems like just yesterday your Cosmokid was just a pup!! wow!!! :D

He's a good hard-working nice sort of a guy, and I'm proud to be the pup's pap. :)

Soapweed said:
kris said:

He's a good hard-working nice sort of a guy, and I'm proud to be the pup's pap. :)

you have done well, soap and should be danged proud!! your "pup" is obviously not afraid of hard work!!! (am patting you on the back, case you couldn't tell.... :wink: )

kris said:
Soapweed said:
kris said:

you have done well, soap and should be danged proud!! your "pup" is obviously not afraid of hard work!!! (am patting you on the back, case you couldn't tell.... :wink: )

Thanks for the kind words, Kris. Our three kids turned out quite well, mainly because they have a wonderful mother. :)

Soapweed said:
kris said:
Soapweed said:

Thanks for the kind words, Kris. Our three kids turned out quite well, mainly because they have a wonderful mother. :)

WOW...A man who gives credit where it is due??!! :wink: :wink: :wink: i am just getting more and more impressed with you, young man!! :D :D
you AND peachblossom have done well...don't sell yourself short!! :wink:

Great pics again Soapweed, you sure have a skilled eye for detail . Those sky pics are absolutely stunning.

Btw , MR HD loves Sparky's shop wall, very nicely put together. I bet it would be a "pickers" dream . : :tiphat:

Good luck at the sale. :)

Good pics. I know which kid is the toughest - no toque, no chaps...
Good luck with the heifers, they are a nice bunch.

Soap, someday i am coming to load some of those heifers and try them out here. They are just nice, smooth and uniform and the type of cattle i like. Now don't want you getting a big head. Or worse, raising the price! :shock: :lol: Maybe now that i look a bit closer they do have some flaws. :wink: Hope they sell well!

Yes, they are good cattle and good help. Do you use corked shoes in the winter? We always put them on the front of a horse or two. Makes a horse tend to use his front end too much, but nothing gets kicked with them.

Your bred heifers sure looked good on the computer screen today, Soapweed. They didn't seem to shrink too badly from your test weight. Hope you were satisfied with how the day went. Christmas Blessings to all of you on the Spearhead Ranch!

Latest posts