• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

December pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny said:
I worked for a Trailer Builder 20 years ago the boss bought a new snow blower 1st day he had it he was trying it out and ran an 8' oak 4x4 thru it. It was a bit hard on things.

was that DN that did that?

Denny said:
I worked for a Trailer Builder 20 years ago the boss bought a new snow blower 1st day he had it he was trying it out and ran an 8' oak 4x4 thru it. It was a bit hard on things.

I think a Fair blower would just about chew it up and send it out the spout.

BRRRRRRRRR. :shock:

That third picture is a keeper, cedarcreek.

Your cattle look really good. This is getting to be lonnnnnnng winter
already. There could be lot of winter left...that's the bad part.

What do you think is happening to the price of hay?
We may have some to sell; not sure yet how much.

Faster horses said:
What do you think is happening to the price of hay?
We may have some to sell; not sure yet how much.

They were just discussing this subject on the radio this morning....And that with it looking like more folks having to feed now- more of this hay may start moving...
Around here- with the trucking costs to haul in hay adding so much to the price - a lot of the cows have been going instead...

I'm just hoping the weather boys are correct about a Chinook following this storm out of Alberta.... :)

Billings, MT Thu Dec 31, 2009 USDA Market News

Weekly Montana Hay Report

Compared to last week: Hay prices mostly steady. Trade activity and
demand mostly light with mostly light buyers inquiry. Very little
supplemental feeding occurring, however some ranchers have started feeding hay
and should continue as winter conditions are here to stay. Supplies reported
as abundant throughout the state and boarding states. All sales FOB the stack
and per ton basis in large rounds or large square bales, unless otherwise
stated.

Alfalfa: Good to Premium 85.00-100.00; small squares 190.00-200.00
delivered, 150.00-180.00. Fair to Good 55.00-80.00, small squares 130.00-

Alfalfa/Grass mix: Good to Premium 85.00-100.00; small squares 190.00-
200.00 delivered, 150.00-180.00. Fair to Good 55.00-80.00, small squares
130.00-150.00.

Timothy grass: Premium small squares 180.00.

if anyone in this part of the world is needing some hay, i have a neighbor that has quite a bit for sale. i used to work for him during the haying season and he is very fussy about how it is put up. i'm sure trucking would be available. pm me if anyone is intersted.

Hay is quite a bit higher this year than last but not even half what it was two years ago.

I have enough grass stockpiled that I feel the only reason the cows come for the hay is because I put it out.

My foster son turned a couple of horses in the gravel pit where the grass grew about 5' high and fell over and they look great - - - If it covers with snow I'll feed them if not they are getting along great as it is.

George said:
Hay is quite a bit higher this year than last but not even half what it was two years ago.

I have enough grass stockpiled that I feel the only reason the cows come for the hay is because I put it out.

My foster son turned a couple of horses in the gravel pit where the grass grew about 5' high and fell over and they look great - - - If it covers with snow I'll feed them if not they are getting along great as it is.

Nice avatar, George. :wink:

Thanks Soapweed - - - -Texan had to take me by the hand and walk me thru it slowly but I like the results.

Latest posts