• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Deer season

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
I planned to take this buck out of the gene pool. He was on the short list last year but disappeared during season. He is a 3 1/2 year old buck. Three points on one side 4 on the other, 18 inches tall with a spread on top slightly less than 5 inches. He was in the hay field on opening morning. Shot off the deck. First time I have shot one in my stocking feet. Didn't even have my boots on yet.

Attachments

• PA022152.JPG
    PA022152.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 66
Season isn't open here yet, but I winged one tonight the weapon used was a Ford Escape I even slowed down cause it was a high deer population area but it was determined to cross from the field to the bush. Clipped it with the plastic bumper and took out the headlight, I was able to drive away guess it could have been worse, despite that mishap I still enjoyed the evening at the handgun club.

We hit one with our Honda Crosstour. Thought for sure we had done a lot of damage. Got home and checked, NOTHING! No damage.
We have so many whitetail deer, I have began to hate them. The deer are starting to come down to the buildings around here because it is so dry.
As much as I hate them, I don't want them to starve. This winter in the north is going to be hard on wildlife, I fear. We will see when the elk
come down. There isn't much for them on the Big Horn mountains. It was a very dry summer there too.

Good job, we didn't get tags...imagine that :mad: When we were in Mt we couldn't believe how many deer and antelope were in the fields, crazy.

Nicky, which unit are you in? I know a rancher on the other side of I-84 in the Lookout Mountain unit. He has 7,000 acres and didn't get a landowner preference tag. That is two times in 3 years that he didn't get a tag. I guarantee you nobody else is going to be hunting on his property. I am in the Sumpter unit. I get 3 LOP tags for the kids and me every year.

Latest posts