• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

DeWalt vs Makita vs?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

according to farm show magazine with the worst and best buy section Millwaukee is pretty hard to beat. my son has Rigid stuff and their warranty is excellent and he hasn't had to use it very much.even when it borders on abuse :wink: Makita still rates right up there as well. not much help am I :lol: :lol: try and find out what pipeline welders use,if it stand's up to their "get a bigger hammer" attitude it should be good :!:

hayguy said:
according to farm show magazine with the worst and best buy section Millwaukee is pretty hard to beat. my son has Rigid stuff and their warranty is excellent and he hasn't had to use it very much.even when it borders on abuse :wink: Makita still rates right up there as well. not much help am I :lol: :lol: try and find out what pipeline welders use,if it stand's up to their "get a bigger hammer" attitude it should be good :!:

I sometimes wonder if some brands have different qualities of products for different markets. Kind of like a Walmart version that sells for cheaper then at tool store?

I have a 9" makita grinder thats 23 years old and has seen tremendous use the only repair we've ever done was a new cord. We also have a 4" dewalt thats 10 years old at least and it has been used and misused here and it's only repair was the cord. In 14" cut off saws Makita wins hands down over any other brand and trust me I've had over 20 of them of all flavors. Anymore I buy which ever one has the longest free replacement warrenty because we'll end up getting a replacement. Had a Milwaukee one time it made 5 cuts and shed out never bought another one.

My 7" Makita has been around for a long, long time. But I have a couple of off-brand 4" grinders around too, one was a birthday present :? and the other I bought new. Cuz how can you go wrong on a $20.00 4" angle grinder farm show special and it works fine - got my 20 bucks out of it long ago and it still works fine! :)

BTW, my young lad set his coveralls on fire while grinding heavy duty the other day, so . . . :shock:

As a hoof trimmer I use my angle grinders everyday. I have used Black and Deckers , Milwaukee , Makita and DeWalt grinders. My preferences are
1. DeWalt
2.Makita
3. Milwaukee
4.Black and Decker
The reason I like the DeWalts best is because the are lightweight but still powerful enough to do the job and it is quite easy to replace the brushes when they wear out. Plus it is easy to get parts for them. They will run for about six months before the brushes need to be replaced.
Milwaukee is a good tool but it is quite a bit larger and a liittle awkward to work with.
Black and Deckers are cheap but just don't last long.
I've been told that Matobo grinders are the "Cadillac" of angle grinders and are priced accordingly.

I run a small welding company also, Makita is my favorite for grinders.

Take a look at something like this, pistol style grip and lock on button.

http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?ID=302

an occasional new cord or brushes, this will probably outlast you.

bart. †

I was looking at the Peavey Mart (western Canada) catalog and they had 2 Dewalt 5 1/2 inch grinders. $159 on for $139 a 13 amp model and the other one was $139 on for $99 but didn't even say the amps. I think that is what happens is that some places sell the name but they are a cheaper version of a brand name. You really got watch what your buying.

http://www.garrettwade.com/product.asp?pn=47B01.01&SID=W6061001&creative=%7Bcreative%7D&EID=Garrett+Wade&gclid=CKLLjfug1q4CFUrWKgodnTEeeQ

this is exactly what you need.... some of Nebraska's finest power tools on the market

jigs said:
http://www.garrettwade.com/product.asp?pn=47B01.01&SID=W6061001&creative=%7Bcreative%7D&EID=Garrett+Wade&gclid=CKLLjfug1q4CFUrWKgodnTEeeQ

this is exactly what you need.... some of Nebraska's finest power tools on the market

Here I thought Nebraska's finest power tools played for the Huskers. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BIL is a welder and their shop uses Makita. They are impressive. I would vote for them or the Milwaukee. Once I learned it was cheaper to buy good tools once, I bought my first Milwaukee and they are fantastic.

Acklands has a deal on now if you trade in an old not working grinder you get $30 off a new one. Pretty good deal, most people have a broke down one around.

Big Muddy rancher said:
hayguy said:

I sometimes wonder if some brands have different qualities of products for different markets. Kind of like a Walmart version that sells for cheaper then at tool store?

Husky does----or at least used to---you could buy a 'consumer' saw, works for the guy that maybe cuts a little wood for a hunting camp and a pickup load to take home.

their 'rancher' was fine for next upgrade---maybe a rancher who heated with wood, did fencing etc.

top shelf was next line---built for loggers to take to the woods every day.

took my 670 jonserud apart yesterday, gas line was leaking----husky dealer had the part and we had to have serial number to find it----so, got reminded that I bought it new in 1987 and it's first time to buy a part other than chains. And I've yet to adjust the carburetor. Quality tools, like good tires usually turn out being the cheapest.

I've got 4 Makita grinders in 4", 4 1/2" and 5" all with different type of wheels on them so I don't have to switch. Have 9" Milwaukee too. Both brands are good. Bought some of the Makita's new off of Ebay.

Latest posts