• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dispatch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy said:
Dispatch called at 5 AM , they were not my cattle but I did get them off the road

You ever get the feeling they're thinking 'well, they probably ain't this guy's--but he'll answer his phone, show up, and take care of it?'

Down here I think dispatch thinks I am the only one that runs cows around here usaully get a phone call once a week. I had to tell them to start reading brands.

littlejoe said:
jodywy said:
Dispatch called at 5 AM , they were not my cattle but I did get them off the road

You ever get the feeling they're thinking 'well, they probably ain't this guy's--but he'll answer his phone, show up, and take care of it?'

Dispatch calls me because I'll answer my phone and I usually know whose cattle by the mile marker number so they know who to call. Did have the neighbors across the road get out a couple of times. MM number could have been mine so I had to go. One of those a car went off the road and through the fence, made one hole going in and another coming out. :mad: :mad:

I understand the frustration but on the other side...I have called back to the prison to the lady who owns one side of the road and knows who is running cows on the other side. Cuz calling the "city" they call her. LOL Since the city own that side and only do 2-5 month leases.
One time it was her calves who got out under a gate and somehow across the cattle guard and were starting to get on the highway.
She says the many phone calls when cows get out...which is not as much since her and her husband redid the fences on both sides. Is worth knowing thier cows are being watched so they will never be stolen and when hers do get out none are lost or killed on the highway.
But I guess being that close to a highway is different.

minnesota is a fence in state also you build the fence and keep your cattle in no place for them on any road.

jodywy said:
Denny said:
minnesota is a fence in state also you build the fence and keep your cattle in no place for them on any road.
We have areas where highways and road go thru open range the roads are not fenced

I know but in this land of lawyers and lawsuits I'd much rather fence them in and keep them off the road but a big pasture here is a section of ground.

Right now in Montana, if someone hits a cow that's out, they
are responsible for their vehicle and the owner is responsible
for the cow. I heard they are trying to pass a law in Montana whereby the
person with the cows out carry all the responsibility
if they get hit.
I can just imagine how that will work...

Latest posts