• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Does anyone know ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hillsdown

Reaction score
We are going to have some dear friends visit us for a few days from the States and would like them to bring us some dextomax or the like . As it is half the price there as it is here. Does anyone know if they will be allowed to bring a case through Canada Customs at the border. They will be saying it is a gift but I would sure hate to have them pick it up only to be confiscated ;that would also be a lrg dent in my wallet .

I should just call Canada customs to be on the safe side ,I do know that we can go acroos and bring it over but not sure about visitors . :?

Thanks

Hillsdown; Bringing in pharmaceuticals etc. requires an end use certificate from the producer so I really doubt you can have it brought up by friends. Not sure on Dectomax but generic ivermectins are cheap enough here now that it's not worth the hassle or trip to import . Check it out for sure before you make any arrangements.

So what did Canada customs say?
Dectomax is about the same in price, but Iveron is worth the trip.

We had a 45 minute wait at the border on our last 'Iveron' trip and they held us up researching whether or not fly tags were permitted in Canada. They finally allowed us to take them because they could not find it in their books where they were disallowed, and urged us to get permission from Canada Customs before bringing more tags across. They have a huge selection of different fly tags down there, using differtent chemicals and I must say there are no flies on our calves this summer.

Stuff is so much cheaper down there. If only we could get vaccines.....

The agent I spoke to said that we need to bring that across ourselves . Which is what I thought , oh well worth a try .

Thanks for the replies everyone !

We should merge both countries and let farmers and ranchers decide on the rules for the new country. Send all the politicians to the middle east to help with their challenges :D

I am so very excited for our visitors to arrive and spend some quality time with them relaxing, eating good food and shooting the shytt. The bureaucracy and BS of our countries means nothing at this point when it comes to spending time with good friends :tiphat:

Just hoping they have a safe and pleasant journey from their beautiful state to our beautiful province . :D

Bward said:
Stuff is so much cheaper down there. If only we could get vaccines.....

Depends on the customs agent. I bring in vaccines regularly, spring and fall. Never been rejected. But I maintain that all of the local border guys hate their job and only met one guy on transfer who actually knew anything about ag products.

What about bringing across Grazon, or do I have to be their again because we have to give our premise ID number when we buy lrg quantities of herbicides . :?

It is 40 dollars and acre here ;does anyone know how much it is in the states ?

hillsdown said:
What about bringing across Grazon, or do I have to be their again because we have to give our premise ID number when we buy lrg quantities of herbicides . :?

Grazon P+D cost me about $10/acre this year on the places where I put out three pints. That was the highest rate that I used.

Texan said:
hillsdown said:

Grazon P+D cost me about $10/acre this year on the places where I put out three pints. That was the highest rate that I used.

30 dollars an acre difference is definately worth it ! Thanks Teaxan . I will call customs again first thing Monday morn.

hillsdown said:
Texan said:
hillsdown said:

30 dollars an acre difference is definately worth it ! Thanks Teaxan . I will call customs again first thing Monday morn.

Hillsdown PM your E mail and I will send you a link for GROU list (Grower requested own use) I got it on my Cylence quest but haven't been about to get a look yet.

Big Muddy rancher said:
hillsdown said:
Texan said:

30 dollars an acre difference is definitely worth it ! Thanks Texan . I will call customs again first thing Monday morn.

Hillsdown PM your E mail and I will send you a link for GROU list (Grower requested own use) I got it on my Cylence quest but haven't been about to get a look yet.

Sorry I am so late getting back to you BMR, could not get back on here until recently. Got your Pm , thanks so very much. I see grazon is not on the approved list for imports ,but am still going to contact them first thing in the morn.

Thanks again ! :D

Latest posts