• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Does the united States need a beef export market ?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DOES THE UNITED STATES NEED A BEEF EXPORT MARKET ?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES

• UNDECIDED

• Total voters
RobertMac said:
Ben, do you honestly believe that the five packers that control over 90% of fed cattle processing capacity will be willing to work with a producer organization the way my packer works with me? You have well documented the low opinion of producers these packers have...aren't they going to do everything in their power to crush such an organization? And with their pork and poultry income, they have a lot of power! Not saying it can't be done, but we will have to have a different attitude from producers and government.

Yes I do, today, I believe three of the five would, last year I would have said four of the five, by 2010/2012 no, they won't have to, by then they will control the red meat protein in the world!

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Sandhusker, you harp often about how bad it is that Creekstone is not allowed to test for BSE. How would that testing help cattle producers?

mrj

mrj said:
Sandhusker, you harp often about how bad it is that Creekstone is not allowed to test for BSE. How would that testing help cattle producers?

mrj

More sales of beef, some people want tested beef. It's much the same concept as auto makers adding options.

Ben Roberts said:
RobertMac said:
Ben, do you honestly believe that the five packers that control over 90% of fed cattle processing capacity will be willing to work with a producer organization the way my packer works with me? You have well documented the low opinion of producers these packers have...aren't they going to do everything in their power to crush such an organization? And with their pork and poultry income, they have a lot of power! Not saying it can't be done, but we will have to have a different attitude from producers and government.

Yes I do, today, I believe three of the five would, last year I would have said four of the five, by 2010/2012 no, they won't have to, by then they will control the red meat protein in the world!

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

But, Ben, where is the money in the processing segment...

Is it in the action of slaughtering and fabrication?
or...
Is it in adding value by turning a live animal it into a consumable product?

Latest posts