• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Dog trainer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Juan

Reaction score
Faster horses you said in another thread"my husband is not a dog trainer"then went on to relate some fantastic things he could do with your dogs.IMHO he is probably understands the mind of a dog as well as anybody in this world.You need to tell him that.

They say you can judge a person by how well they get along with dogs and children. I bet your husband FH has patience with children too.

Gee, guys, thanks for the kind words. I will pass them along.

What I think I said, (without going back to the topic) was that he doesn't claim to be a dog trainer...he would be the first one to tell you it was totally the dogs, the reason why they were good.

I only know we have had some really good ones.

Our grandson thinks grandpa is a pretty special guy, as does our daughter. He has patience with kids and dogs that show a little interest and some 'try'. He is happy to work with any person or animal that show those traits.

Not all dogs and kids fit in that catagory, however.

We have had quite a few young people work for us throughout the years and they still come and see us or keep in touch. Guess that attests as well as anything as to how they were treated.

My husbands hates making 'dust'. He just doesn't like fighting with anything: cows horses, dogs, kids, even me. LOL!!

This afternoon, I played hooky from the cow camp and went to a ranch auction. A persistent breeze and gently falling but sparse snowflakes turned the outing into a rather chilly proposition. However, the foresight to dig long forgotten longhandles out of the dresser drawer made it bearable. Rather proudly, I totaled up my purchases for the day. They consisted of a roast beef sandwich, a can of Mountain Dew, and a cup of hot chocolate for a neighbor, plus two more cups of hot chocolate later in the day. My pickup box was empty upon arriving home.

Heard a pretty good unsolicited cowdog story. At a recent branding of a ranch down in the hills, the riders gathered a herd of cows and calves out in the middle of a fairly large pasture. The ranch owner ordered his seven (count 'em, seven) cowdogs to hold the herd while the cowboys proceeded to rope, drag and wrestle the calves while other cowboys did the branding and vaccinating. The dogs served as the only corral for the cattle, and the herd was held without a single staple popping.

This is all pretty impressive, but thinking of feeding seven dogs all the time for one afternoon of impressing folks kinda makes the deal come out "depressive". :)

Wow, you came home empty-handed! How is that possible???

Man+auction=junk brought home!

At least that's the way it goes here!

the last time jesse went to an auction, he brought a "complete" set of dining room chairs....they were 3-legged with ripped (or missing) upholstery, but he said "i got them for almost nothing, honey, and i (meaning "we") can fix them" :shock: .....now he THINKS he is going to another auction april 23rd..."they got an old catalina i could buy for the kids to use back and forth to school"...yeah, we'll see :wink:

Shelly said:
Wow, you came home empty-handed! How is that possible???

Man+auction=junk brought home!

At least that's the way it goes here!

Our Dad used to love to go to auctions for the "bargins" by the pickup load. One time one of my brothers was unloading the "bargins" when he asked Dad, "what is this?" Dad replied, "I don`t know but it looks good."

Latest posts