• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Donating a calf to the NCBA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Tomorrow at the Valentine Livestock Auction, I will be donating a nice grey calf to be sold with the proceeds going to the NCBA. Anyone wanting to buy a very fine calf weighing over 700 pounds, is more than welcome to place a bid. :wink:

You heard it first on Ranchers Net. I listen to KVHS alot during the day and I never heard a whimper about Soaps calf being auctioned off. Heard a trillion times about the calf for Rcalf and the Alliance.. And the big meeting tonight. Soap, I have tons of admiration for you to stand up for what you believe in. You have very fine EPDS in my book.........

Soapweed,

I agree with Katrina you have some great stock there on your ranch. From the pictures I see I think you've got some the best breeding stock in North America...! Keep up the good work! From a Canadian Cattle man to an American Cattle man!

katrina said:
M_R....
Now ya did it....You men can not tell me that my creation theory is wrong.. I meant Soapweed had good EPDs..Whew men.........

Wonder what Soaps BW EPD is. He's a pretty big boy. Probably got good weaning and yearling numbers too. That boy of his has a huge frame score! Especially since Mrs. Soap is very moderate! :wink:

Good job Soap!

It's good for this industry to realize that there are still producers out there that can think for themselves and base their decisions on factual information as opposed to being led around by industry blamers. You are supporting the self reliant conservative side of the cattle industry.

The fact that we are seeing $900 calves with the same level of packer concentration, virtually the same level of captive supplies as always, and an opened Canadian border just goes to show how many producers have been led astray by the R-CULT/OCM "make it up as you go" doctrine!

At least your money will be well spent instead of paying some lawyers to defend a pack of lies.

~SH~

Update........The grey calf weighed 735 pounds and sold one time, by the head. He brought $900 for the NCBA.

It was a good sale at Valentine Livestock Auction today. 96 head of black steers in our big load weighed 659 pounds each, and brought $129.00 per cwt, totaling $850.32 per head. 100 head in our lighter load weighed 606 pounds and brought $139.00 per cwt, which came to $842.06 per head. When the dust settled the lighter calves brought within eight dollars per head of what the big ones did. We were quite happy with the outcome. Selling expense came to $15 per head compared to $13.25 last year. Higher fuel made the difference.

The Valentine Livestock Auction is a good place to do business. Their new sale facility is state-of-the-art, and the place exudes a certain charm. Comfortable seats make it a pleasant place to spend an afternoon. Greg Arendt, the manager, runs the operation very well.

Latest posts