• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ebola confirmed in Texas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
The United States has its first confirmed case of the Ebola virus, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday, marking the first domestic appearance of the deadly virus that has ravaged swaths of continental Africa.

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas officials said in a statement earlier Monday that an unnamed patient was being tested for Ebola and had been placed in "strict isolation" due to the patient's symptoms and recent travel history.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102037055

My guess is they'll ship the person to Omaha for treatment. To the same hospital where my wife goes for her liver treatment on a regular basis. Oh, joy! :(

Action News on 6abc ‏@6abc · 4m4 minutes ago
CDC Officials: a "handful" of people may have had direct contact with #ebola patient before he was hospitalized and diagnosed.

KGW News ‏@KGWNews · 5m5 minutes ago
CDC: We know there are other family members, a couple other community members who may have been exposed to #Ebola

[/quote]

much easier to strap on a biological belt bomb with Ebola, than it is to strap on a suicide vest with explosives, then simply walk on to an airplane, for a walk on the wild side.

I brought this to the attention of the federal officials over a decade ago, with regards to mad cow disease, as to just how easy it would be. but no one listens.

Docket No: 02-088-1 Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002; Possession, Use, and Transfer of Biological Agents and Toxins

Subject: Docket No: 02-088-1 RE-Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002;

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:54:57 –0600

To: [email protected] Docket No: 02-088-1

Title: Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002; Possession, Use, and Transfer of Biological Agents and Toxins

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=2002_register&docid=fr13de02-15.pdf

Greetings,

i would like to kindly submit to this docket and warn of the potential for biological 'suitcase bombs' from civilian air-traffic populations from known BSE/FMD and other exotic animal disease pathogens coming into the USA. please be warned;

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:42:56 –0800

Reply-To: Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy Sender: Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy

Subject: USA SEALED BORDERS AND THE ''USCS'' (unspecified species coding system)

Greetings list members, i just cannot accept this;

> 23 kg of meat in a suitcase (suitcase bomb...TSS)

> The data do not provide a species of origin code for these

> products, therefore they may not contain any ruminant product.

what kind of statement is this?

how stupid do they think we are?

it could also very well mean that _all_ of it was ruminant based products !

Terry S. Singeltary Sr., Bacliff, Texas USA

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/02n0276/02N-0276-EC-254.htm

SO, 4 months after the fact and still no word on this case. no information what so ever. the silence is deafening $$$

CONFIRMED HUMAN BSE AKA MAD COW DISEASE vCJD TEXAS USA

Monday, June 02, 2014 Confirmed Variant CJD Case in Texas

http://vcjd.blogspot.com/2014/06/confirmed-variant-cjd-case-in-texas.html

I've been warning of the dangers of BBQ'd Bacon Bombs for years too...

This is how I make a Bacon Bomb.

Requirements: One package of Bacon.
1lb of Ground Beef
1lb of Ground Spicy Sausage
Chopped Onion
Chopped Jalapeno
Chopped Red Bell Pepper

Step one: Remove the bacon from its package and weave the bacon together on a large surface. This will take a little time but go slowly and do this step right.

Step two: Now is the time to mix all the meat and vegetables together and place it in the middle of the weaved bacon.

Step three: With your hands form the bacon into a log shape. Stay several inches away from each edge.

Step four: At this point, begin to roll the near side of bacon up on top. Then roll the complete bacon bomb over. Take your time with this and get all the edges tucked underneath. At this point, I cut the bomb in half and made two smaller bacon bombs. I vacu-sealed one and froze it and then cooked the other.

Step five: Place your bomb upon a broiler pan and pop it in the oven at 275 degrees for 1 hour. I always check mine with a thermometer to make sure it atleast hits 160 degrees.

Step Six: Remove your bacon bomb and let rest 10 minutes. When you start to slice the bomb, beware, it always seems to be a free for all and it usually will be consumed very quickly!

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-Bacon-Bomb/

hypocritexposer said:
I've been warning of the dangers of BBQ'd Bacon Bombs for years too...

This is how I make a Bacon Bomb.

Requirements: One package of Bacon.
1lb of Ground Beef
1lb of Ground Spicy Sausage
Chopped Onion
Chopped Jalapeno
Chopped Red Bell Pepper

Step one: Remove the bacon from its package and weave the bacon together on a large surface. This will take a little time but go slowly and do this step right.

Step two: Now is the time to mix all the meat and vegetables together and place it in the middle of the weaved bacon.

Step three: With your hands form the bacon into a log shape. Stay several inches away from each edge.

Step four: At this point, begin to roll the near side of bacon up on top. Then roll the complete bacon bomb over. Take your time with this and get all the edges tucked underneath. At this point, I cut the bomb in half and made two smaller bacon bombs. I vacu-sealed one and froze it and then cooked the other.

Step five: Place your bomb upon a broiler pan and pop it in the oven at 275 degrees for 1 hour. I always check mine with a thermometer to make sure it atleast hits 160 degrees.

Step Six: Remove your bacon bomb and let rest 10 minutes. When you start to slice the bomb, beware, it always seems to be a free for all and it usually will be consumed very quickly!

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-a-Bacon-Bomb/
:lol:

I think I will make a few of them to take down to the local mosque pot luck dinner...

much easier to strap on a biological belt bomb with Ebola, than it is to strap on a suicide vest with explosives, then simply walk on to an airplane, for a walk on the wild side.

I brought this to the attention of the federal officials over a decade ago, with regards to mad cow disease, as to just how easy it would be. but no one listens.

Docket No: 02-088-1 Agricultural Bioterrorism Protection Act of 2002; Possession, Use, and Transfer of Biological Agents and Toxins

you are correct in this... ebola could easily be spread in minority communities...

as well as many other nasty deadly diseases

I would recommend that everyone has a few months "supplies" stocked up in good times.. but now.. that may not be enough...

the facts as we know it..

19 Sept. left liberia

20 Sept arrived in the US

26 Sept went to hospital and sent HOME.

28 Sept admitted to hospital.

30 Sept ambulance used to transport him still in service..

so we have anywhere from 4 to 11 days of exposure to the general public...

I hope it is as hard to catch as the officials claim...

from first source of search.. ebola skin contact

Virus was detected by culture and/or reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction in 16 of 54 clinical specimens (including saliva, stool, semen, breast milk, tears, nasal blood, and a skin swab) and in 2 of 33 environmental specimens.
http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/196/Supplement_2/S142.full

notice they do not mention sweat?

and that 2 of the "environmental specimens" were positive..

Treating Ebola: 'Every Millimeter of Skin is Completely Covered'

She describes the situation on the ground. "If you go to the high-risk zone, you have to prepare," she tells NBC News. "So you start off putting one set of gloves on, then you put your waterproof suit on, then you put on a facemask and a hood, then goggles, then the rest of the pairs of gloves which are taped down to your suit. So you're completely protected, every millimeter of skin is completely covered."

and yet several healthcare workers became infected....

I think we will find that this ebola patient was aware that he was exposed to ebola and flew to the US in hopes if he did have the desease, he would be able to get better medical treatment.

Maybe immigration should have asked him some questions...

Flounder wrote"much easier to strap on a biological belt bomb with Ebola, than it is to strap on a suicide vest with explosives, then simply walk on to an airplane, for a walk on the wild side.

I brought this to the attention of the federal officials over a decade ago, with regards to mad cow disease, as to just how easy it would be. but no one listens."

But i don't think they will let you on a plane with a "Mad cow" strapped around your waist.

:? :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Flounder wrote"much easier to strap on a biological belt bomb with Ebola, than it is to strap on a suicide vest with explosives, then simply walk on to an airplane, for a walk on the wild side.

I brought this to the attention of the federal officials over a decade ago, with regards to mad cow disease, as to just how easy it would be. but no one listens."

But i don't think they will let you on a plane with a "Mad cow" strapped around your waist.

I don't think the Washington cow was the only diseased Canadian animal that made it into the U.S. ...

Nope- in this globalist world just like they won't shut down/restrict traffic to African countries the government went against their own long established BSE rules and allowed an unknown number of diseased animals to be shipped right thru the ports in the US... The same with TB on the southern ports... Its surprised the importers haven't brought in any Foot and Mouth Disease yet !
Globalism takes precedence over all (the US citizen, consumer, government, etc.).... :roll: :(

we are still waiting for the travel history of the recent human mad cow case in Texas a few months back, what's up with that ???

ebola

> It spreads only by close contact with a patient's bodily fluids.

famous last words. I remember when they said that about the TSE prion disease over a decade ago, and today, it's a different story.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Aerosol Transmission of Chronic Wasting Disease in White-tailed Deer

http://chronic-wasting-disease.blogspot.com/2012/11/aerosol-transmission-of-chronic-wasting.html

but why for the life of me these media reporters can't do a little homework, instead of rubber stamping everything the federal government says about infectious disease. just a quick search of science will show you that indeed there is a risk factor for aerosol transmission of Ebola. ...please see ;

Pathology of Experimental Aerosol Zaire Ebolavirus Infection in Rhesus Macaques

http://vet.sagepub.com/content/50/3/514.long

Aerosol exposure to Zaire ebolavirus in three nonhuman primate species: differences in disease course and clinical pathology

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1286457911001225

Imported Virus Infections

Archives of Virology Supplement II Volume 11, 1996, pp 115-134

Experimental infection of cynomolgus macaques with Ebola-Reston filoviruses from the 1989–1990 U.S. epizootic

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-7091-7482-1_11

something to ponder here.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/02n0276/02N-0276-EC-254.htm

the silence is deafening $$$

*** CONFIRMED HUMAN BSE AKA MAD COW DISEASE vCJD TEXAS USA

Monday, June 02, 2014 Confirmed Variant CJD Case in Texas

http://vcjd.blogspot.com/2014/06/confirmed-variant-cjd-case-in-texas.html

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

I don't think the Washington cow was the only diseased Canadian animal that made it into the U.S. ...

Nope- in this globalist world just like they won't shut down/restrict traffic to African countries the government went against their own long established BSE rules and allowed an unknown number of diseased animals to be shipped right thru the ports in the US... The same with TB on the southern ports... Its surprised the importers haven't brought in any Foot and Mouth Disease yet !
Globalism takes precedence over all (the US citizen, consumer, government, etc.).... :roll: :(

Yet you criticize other countries health regulations. :?

It's not a "Globalist' world anymore, it's a "Buckwheat" world and he does nothing to make us safer. LMFAO

A whistleblowing Border Patrol agent alleges that the Department of Homeland Security ignored health and safety concerns in attempting to transport illegal immigrants to a facility in Murrieta, Calif., the site of a high-profile confrontation between DHS and local citizens this past summer.

In a whistleblower disclosure document obtained by National Review Online, the agent alleges that the federal government knowingly transported illegal immigrants to facilities that were unequipped to process them; disregarded repeated warnings from a Border Patrol agent about the public-health risks posed by the immigrants, many of whom were suffering from infectious diseases; rejected multiple offers of assistance from local officials; and suspended law-enforcement operations at part of America's southern border while denying a congressman's repeated requests for information about the government's plan to process the immigrants and about the startling events unfolding in his district.

Murrieta, a suburb of San Diego, became a flashpoint in the national immigration debate when dozens of residents gathered in the streets to protest the federal government's decision to relocate hundreds of illegal immigrants from the Rio Grande Valley in southern Texas to their town. Buses of Central American immigrants and unaccompanied migrant children were met by local protestors demanding the enforcement of immigration law. And the agent alleges that the Border Patrol sent officers under cover to infiltrate their activities, too.

The whistleblower disclosure was filed by Border Patrol agent Ron Zermeno, the health and safety director of National Border Patrol Council Local 1613. Zermeno writes in the disclosure about how, as early as May of 2014, when he learned of the government's plan to relocate the immigrants, he began raising the alarm, reaching out to Border Patrol management, local officials, and a congressman. He gained no ground with these warnings, he says. He also spoke with NRO and other media about his concerns but was disciplined — for the first time in his decades-long career — for allegedly exposing sensitive law-enforcement information to the press. Zermeno declined to comment for this story.

His disclosure suggests that while the images coming out of Murrieta showed American citizens fighting the arrival of illegal immigrants, the confrontation would have been avoided entirely if only the federal government had heeded the warnings of its employees. Zermeno says in the document that on May 7, he received word from a senior agent of the federal government's plan to send 140 illegal immigrants every 72 hours to the Murrieta Border Patrol Station, despite its inability to accommodate their arrival. His disclosure says he was concerned for the safety of the agents because of reports that the detainees would be carrying infectious diseases, scabies, and lice. The facility could not safely house the incoming women and children, he writes.

But the senior agent, according to Zermeno, said that immigrants would nonetheless be processed and then released to the community, and that the directive was "concealed for unknown reasons."

Information about the plan to ship illegal immigrants to Murrieta was concealed from not only the public, Zermeno asserts, but also lawmakers.

Zermeno writes that he expressed his concerns for the health and safety of the agents and detainees to a staffer for Representative Ken Calvert (R., Calif.). The staffer then tried several times to reach San Diego Border Patrol management but never received a call back. Calvert tells NRO that the Department of Homeland Security did not disclose their plan to him or his office, but he confirms that Zermeno did speak with his office before the illegal immigrants arrived.

"We got a phone call a couple of days beforehand from Zermeno — he's the one that informed us," Calvert says. "Maybe that's one of the reasons he's in trouble." Other Border Patrol agents also spoke with him privately and appeared fearful of retribution from the federal government, Calvert says.

Zermeno told Calvert's staff that relocating immigrants to Murrieta would have dramatic and startling consequences: Shifting Border Patrol agents from their posts policing the dangerous I-15 corridor would effectively require the suspension of all law-enforcement operations on a vulnerable stretch of the border.

"We would not be able to intercept or prevent Transcontinental Criminal organizations that use the I-15 corridor to transport illegal contraband Northbound and the proceeds from that contraband going Southbound," Zermeno writes.

hypocritexposer said:
I think we will find that this ebola patient was aware that he was exposed to ebola and flew to the US in hopes if he did have the desease, he would be able to get better medical treatment.

Maybe immigration should have asked him some questions...

Liberia's Ellen Johnson Sirleaf angry at man carrying virus to U.S.

"But the fact that he knew [he was exposed to the virus] and he left the country is unpardonable, quite frankly," she added. "I just hope that nobody else gets infected."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/liberia-s-ellen-johnson-sirleaf-angry-at-man-carrying-virus-to-u-s-1.2785503

Liberian authorities say they plan to prosecute the man infected with Ebola who brought the disease to the United States, saying he lied on his airport health questionnaire.

With an Ebola crisis raging in West Africa, passengers leaving Liberia are being screened for fever and are asked if they have had contact with anyone infected.

On the questionnaire obtained by The Associated Press, Thomas Eric Duncan answered 'no' to those questions.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/liberia-prosecute-man-brought-ebola-us-25921320

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/01/white-house-we-wont-stop-ebola-carriers-coming-to-us/

http://twitchy.com/2014/10/02/trying-to-cause-epidemic-this-food-delivery-to-ebola-family-is-truly-unbelievable-photos/

Showed the cleaning crew with no suits power washing the vomit off the sidewalk. :???: :? :shock: :mad:

ranch hand said:
http://twitchy.com/2014/10/02/trying-to-cause-epidemic-this-food-delivery-to-ebola-family-is-truly-unbelievable-photos/

Showed the cleaning crew with no suits power washing the vomit off the sidewalk. :???: :? :shock: :mad:

Latest posts