• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Eighteen below zero

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Had a high of 1 here. Got home from work at 4:30, -4, and 3.5 hours on block heater wasn't enough to start my feed tractor.

Good thing we've got lots of lite's

-30 c or 22 below f just friggin cold, slight wind making it close to -40 wind chill. plugged in overnight and an hour and half of the stove pipe and tiger torch to get my bale loader tractor to go this A.M.

but ahhh it's a dry cold :wink:

we're at -19 with a windchill of -39 at the moment. it was near 50 on monday, it's been brutal cold since then with around 10 inches of snow.

I'ts 5;30 PM and -25 degrees and a definite breeze. Not really fit for man nor beast, but here we arein Montana and it is Dec, so what did we expecct?? We are sure glad that our old cow's had a good fall and are in relativelly good shape. The crew put what few grannies we do have with the yearlings and two's better protection and lot better quality hay. One of them just said that the old cowherd ate up nearly40 lbs of hay today.[per cow] Poor hay and a year old but it'll keep em warm as it digest's. Have a lot of calves on hand and they are eating everything but the pitchfork handles. But you just got to look at the bright side[at least here] we had a good long fall and it is only 4-5 months till spring.

Sweet. They are only predicting -59C here in the wind tomorrow. I ran a fahrenheit converter online and it says that is -74.2F.
I am glad we fed today for tomorrow, even though our diesel gelled today.

It is cold in the Peace River area when I went out to do chores this morning I saw two ravens pulling a rabbit to get it started! But really its -38 right now and with win chill -42 cows are really eating hay up now and its not very good with all rain this summer.I found one of my spring steers dead this morning must have just died as it wasn't frozen yet I did a quick autopsy all I could find was it was stuffed full of hay and nothing in the gut suspect a blockage of sorts but too cold to do much more. Hope it is just one it gets expensive real fast at $1000 each.

Yesterday turned into a long cold day helping the neighbor haul out the strays he had corraled to get off summer pasture.... We ended up with a flat tire on the 24 foot trailer loaded down with cows after going thru a creek crossing.... The ice on the edge of the creek bent the rim... Then while we were putting on the spare - the wheels on the 20 foot trailer froze up from getting wet in the creek- and I needed to jerk it a time or two to bust them lose... The fun of gathering strays at -20...

This morning I have -36 temps... Several of the neighbors are colder with temps around -40 to -48...
Just flat out cold.... If this cold doesn't break soon, I'm going to have to start feeding....

72 degrees here yesterday. Spent the day stringing barb wire in a t shirt. Normally I miss Wyoming daily, but right now not so much. Hope y'all stay safe in that cold weather.

I wasn't frozen , just at C Thompson's Thursday night. Debbie phoned me and let me know it was -42C. It is -32C here this AM. We still have less snow than most.

We had to go to Miles City yesterday, snowy and cold the whole way, with more snow in Miles City than we have. They had a foot of snow. The roads are really snow packed. Will be a long time before they bare off. It was 28 below here this morning and dropped to -32 when the sun came up. I can't remember it being this cold for a long time. -16 here right now.

http://www.theweatherspace.com/2013/12/07/50f-wind-chills-in-montana-coldest-on-earth-as-of-now/

Does that sign mean we have seen the proof that Hell HAS frozen over????

mrj

Almost tropical here too.... Was -31 when I went to bed to watch the NFR replay last night- woke up to a balmy -17 this morning...
The weather folks say we could get above 0 tomorrow...

-10C here. If the sun would come out that's as warm as it needs to get until March as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts