• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Elsa

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kato

Reaction score
I'd like to introduce you to Elsa. She's the puppy we got almost exactly a year ago after losing our first German Shepherd Zelda.

Elsa's all grown up now, and has turned into a fine dog. She's got some big pawprints to fill, but it looks like she's going to be up to the challenge.

PbucketElsa3.jpg

Pbucketelsa2.jpg

And she's athletic too! :D

IMG_0472.jpg

Actually she's really athletic. She was running along with the quad, and I clocked her doing 30 mph. She breaks out of a trot at about 10 mph. :D :D

Im glad you got another dog Kato,she sure is good lookin,got that intelligent look to her,I got a chuckle outa that "breaks out of a trot at around 10mph :D
good luck

She's about the fastest German Shepherd I've ever seen. I guess it's her mother's breeding that gives her that. She's from a German line of working dogs, and they're a bit different from the North American bloodlines. For a German dog to qualify for breeding papers they need skills such as herding or Schutzhound on top of obedience and conformation. It seems to make for more structurally strong dogs.

Sometimes I wonder if maybe she should have gone to the RCMP instead of to us. She's got the attitude they like. :wink: :D :D She will test boundaries, and is absolutely fearless. She's been a handful from day one, but it will be worth it in the end. Training her has been good training for me.

Too bad so sad Mounties, I think I'll keep her. 8) :p

He's very well aware of my thoughts about the trapping! :shock: :shock: :shock: We've had words........ And the Conservation officers went to his place and read him the rules about how it's illegal to feed deer in the first place, which puts him on thin ice already. Hopefully it sank in. Haven't seen the trapper in a long long time. I think we scared him off. 8)

At least the deer are out of our hay bales now, and our grain feeders, and our garden, and my raspberry patch, and my crabapple tree, and my strawberries .................. 8) Elsa makes sure of that.

kato,

she is gorgeous!! reminds me of Brix--same color. what's her ped? i just got a new pup in november--here's his ped:
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/568890.html

i need to get some pics of him up, but he's definitely working-line, the only way to go IMO. a tracking fool, too.

at any rate--Elsa's a good-looking girl, and too bad for the RCMP :)

I'm not sure about her pedigree, except that her mother is from a working line out of Germany. She's a totally black dog. Daddy is a classic black and tan American style who weighs about a hundred pounds. She didn't get much from her sire, except the frame size. She looks the image of her mother, only a bit taller. I will check out the pedigree. It would be interesting to know more about it.

Over the winter she's developed into quite the gate guarder! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Oh happy days! That's usually my job. :wink:

I think we're going to have a first class cattle dog some day. She is so bold! Last week we were trying to sort a cow, and the cow tried to run by me. Elsa thought she was coming at me, and out of nowhere, she literally flew through the air, and grabbed at the cow's shoulder. :shock: :shock: The cow jumped sideways and Elsa fell to the ground, after which the cow rolled her over and jumped over her. Did that scare her? NO. :shock: Not at all. She got up and went right back after the cow. I had no idea Elsa was even in the pen before this happened, but I guess she's always watching, even if you don't see her there. I'm so glad she didn't get hurt. I also think I've got myself some good backup if I ever get into it with a really nasty cow. 8)

Kato said:
I'm not sure about her pedigree, except that her mother is from a working line out of Germany. She's a totally black dog. Daddy is a classic black and tan American style who weighs about a hundred pounds. She didn't get much from her sire, except the frame size. She looks the image of her mother, only a bit taller. I will check out the pedigree. It would be interesting to know more about it.

Over the winter she's developed into quite the gate guarder! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Oh happy days! That's usually my job. :wink:

I think we're going to have a first class cattle dog some day. She is so bold! Last week we were trying to sort a cow, and the cow tried to run by me. Elsa thought she was coming at me, and out of nowhere, she literally flew through the air, and grabbed at the cow's shoulder. :shock: :shock: The cow jumped sideways and Elsa fell to the ground, after which the cow rolled her over and jumped over her. Did that scare her? NO. :shock: Not at all. She got up and went right back after the cow. I had no idea Elsa was even in the pen before this happened, but I guess she's always watching, even if you don't see her there. I'm so glad she didn't get hurt. I also think I've got myself some good backup if I ever get into it with a really nasty cow. 8)

She sounds like quite the dog. :)

Better then one I had the would run behind you when chased by a cow. :shock:

Latest posts