• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Evening at he ranch with the wife and I.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Trinity man

Reaction score
003.jpg

Deer and her babies.
007.jpg

Rabbit.
008.jpg

More Deer.
009.jpg

And more.
010.jpg

And more.
011.jpg

And more.
013.jpg

The few cows we still have left. Dad got these Longhorns a few years ago.
012.jpg

Her calf.
014.jpg

How can I post something with out the river in it. lol!!!
017.jpg

Bend in the River.
020.jpg

Anyone need a cane pole.
016.jpg

Walk in the woods.
011.jpg

Yes more deer. I guess I need to raise deer, I already have a pasture full.

The drought is really taken a toll on the pastures. The weeds are even having a hard time growing. It sure would be nice to see it flooded :wink: . The poor guy with crawfish can't even fill his pond up. He's had water running into them for the past 2 weeks and it has covered and ac. yet.

River is sure low. I relate to needing some rain. Even as I speak, I hear Thunder off in the distance, and a few drops falling......Thank the Lord!

Shortgrass said:
River is sure low. I relate to needing some rain.

Its the lowest anyone has ever seen it. Some of the spring that comes out of the river bank has quit running now.

021.jpg

This is a pretty deep hole here where it runs around the island. It's been a long time since I heard Thunder. :( It might run all the deer off.

My brother lives by the Trinity River down in Kennifick and he said the same thing about how low it is...seeing sandbars that weren't there a year ago...One year that river floods, next it's low...Hope you get some rain soon!

Jassy said:
My brother lives by the Trinity River down in Kennifick and he said the same thing about how low it is...seeing sandbars that weren't there a year ago...One year that river floods, next it's low...Hope you get some rain soon!

Kennifick is down in my wife neck of the woods. (Dayton Texas) We was down there a few weeks ago and it looks pretty bad. I think it was the first weekend I have ever been to Dayton and it didn't rain. Thats county use to be wet all the time, but the swamps are all dry up now.

Trinity man said:
Jassy said:

Kennifick is down in my wife neck of the woods. (Dayton Texas) We was down there a few weeks ago and it looks pretty bad. I think it was the first weekend I have ever been to Dayton and it didn't rain. Thats county use to be wet all the time, but the swamps are all dry up now.

I tease my brother about being down in that swampy bubbaland...it's a different kind of country there...since he's from Nebraska and married a gal from Kennifick, he's got quite an education living down there..lol

Jassy said:
Trinity man said:
Jassy said:

I tease my brother about being down in that swampy bubbaland...it's a different kind of country there...since he's from Nebraska and married a gal from Kennifick, he's got quite an education living down there..lol

Those are people from a different cut of Texas down there thats for sure. My wife calls them swamp people. Their is a girl that works for the radio station here in Madisonville that is from there and she said if some one comes into a store fully dress they are from around there. :lol: I believe it to.

Latest posts