• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Evil plan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy- you still didn't answer me why GW and his AG did the same thing...

Whats your conspiracy story there? :???:

I answered in my first reply:

You just told a lie and you know it! There has been a dozen or so posts on here proving that WRONG so get off of it oldtimer. beating bush is a dead horse.

I can not help it if you are too dense to read that and understand! the question has been answered several times already, look it up and quit acting the fool and admit that your chosen one owns this. Just because you keep repeating a lie doesn't make it true!
Now I am done with you and your twisted little game- I will not cast my pearls before swine, if you do not want to cast off the foolish act then we can not have an intelligent discussion together!

As i understand, not only did the Mexican Gov know of the Bush action, there were tracing mechanization for tracing the guns in place!!!

What say you now oldliar????
When you were a keystone cop in the backwater county of Valley in Mt. did you set into any action that you had no real ability to trace??
OPPPPPS forget that i even asked that!!!! the answer is evident by all of your other posts. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
And what I've been trying to say is that these type of "buys and walks" of all type contraband have been going on for years- and is a common tactic that law enforcement uses often when trying to get to the leadership "big fish" in a criminal operation....

And this is not the first one that went astray- nor will it be the last....

I would think anyone that believes in the second amendment- and keeping our gun rights, would be supporting catching those illegally trading in and using these guns in illegal activities--because if it can't be stopped with the current laws we have-- there will be a big push to make new laws and more gun regulation...

and like I tried to explain to you in the past....the Bush operation was co-ordinated with the Mexican government and the guns were tracked, unlike the obama operation

So if the guns were tracked- how come they lost several hundred? How much co-ordination do you think you can do with a government that is so filled with drug cartel corruption that they can't even trust themselves?
Perry thinks we may need to invade Mexico with US troops again..

Getting bad- Mexicans can't trust anyone because they are bought out- US law enforcement can't trust anyone in Congress because they are either bought or won't keep their mouths shut (no matter how many undercovers they endanger) if they can make political hay.... :(

OT: So if the guns were tracked- how come they lost several hundred?

Because 1- Some of the tracking devices weren't as foolproof as they were promised by the manufacturer.

2- Of the ones that did work, some of the batteries failed to stay charged for the approriate amount of time to track them at/to the border.

3- The buyers became wary and drove around in circles to confuse the system.

3 good reasons to scrap the idea and chalk it up to experience.

Why would anyone think they could improve the project WITHOUT tracking?

On a side note, they wanted so desparately to verify/substantiate the liberal anti-gun statement: "90% of the guns in Mexico come from the USA", the method of substantiation was irrelevant.........................

None of your fellow LEO's were killed as a direct result of the Bush action, Methuselah. Can't say that about the action of the folks you get on your knees for....... :roll: :roll:

No, Operation Wide Receiver Does Not Excuse Obama Or HolderThe liberal media finally discovers gun walking. by John Hayward 10/07/2011 21
Comments
After a long period of resolutely ignoring Operation Fast and Furious, the bulk of the mainstream media has been dragged into covering the "gun walking" scandal by the charges of perjury directed at Attorney General Eric Holder. Flailing around for something they can spin, liberals have suddenly become very interested in Operation Wide Receiver, a gun walking program from the Bush era. Longtime observers of the Obama scandal have long been camped out on Operation Wide Receiver's front porch with a bowl of Halloween candy, knowing it was only a matter of time before the Left showed up.

The L.A. Times, which has provided excellent coverage of the rapidly evolving Fast and Furious scandal, is curiously negligent in explaining Wide Receiver to its readers:

The Times reported from Washington on Monday that the Bush administration managed a program similar to Fast and Furious in 2006-07. Mexican President Felipe Calderon took office in December 2006.

In that program, dubbed Wide Receiver, weapons were allowed into Mexico, just as later occurred in Operation Fast and Furious in 2009 and 2010, The Times reported. About 2,000 weapons were "walked" in Mexico and later showed up at scores of crime scenes, Mexican officials have said.

The Monday report from the L.A. Times didn't really say anything about Wide Receiver at all, beyond mentioning its name:

In the emails that the department turned over to congressional investigators, Justice Department officials last October discussed both the Fast and Furious gun-trafficking surveillance operation in Phoenix and a separate investigation from 2006 and 2007 called Operation Wide Receiver. In Wide Receiver, which took place in Tucson, firearms also were acquired by illegal straw purchasers and lost in Mexico, the emails say.

The Associated Press made a much more explicit attempt to claim Wide Receiver was essentially identical to Fast and Furious, meaning the Bush Administration was walking guns just like Obama:

The federal government under the Bush administration ran an operation that allowed hundreds of guns to be transferred to suspected arms traffickers — the same tactic that congressional Republicans have criticized President Barack Obama's administration for using, two federal law enforcement officials said Tuesday.

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and other Republicans have been hammering the Obama Justice Department over the practice known as "letting guns walk." The congressional target has been Operation Fast and Furious, which was designed to track small-time gun buyers at several Phoenix-area gun shops up the chain to make cases against major weapons traffickers. In the process, federal agents lost track of many of the more than 2,000 guns linked to the operation.

When Bush, a Republican, was president, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Tucson, Ariz., used a similar enforcement tactic in a program it called Operation Wide Receiver. The fact that there were two such ATF investigations years apart in separate administrations raises the possibility that agents in still other cases may have allowed guns to "walk."

The Washington Post packs its spin right into the headline: "Earlier ATF Gun Operation 'Wide Receiver' Used Same Tactics As 'Fast and Furious.'"

Operation Wide Receiver came to light when Rep. Darryl Issa (R-Calif.) and Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) released new documents and e-mails this week which they said showed that although Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. told Congress in May that he had just learned about Fast and Furious, he had known for about 10 months.

That alleged discrepancy led some Republican lawmakers to accuse Holder of perjury. They have pounded on Holder over Fast and Furious, in some cases calling for his resignation.Their investigation of the program has led to the reassignment of the former ATF director and others, and the resignation of the U.S. attorney in Arizona.

But Wide Receiver, conducted in the Bush administration, has not received a lot of attention. According to Justice spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler, some of the e-mails used in the attempt to discredit Holder were referring to the Tucson case, Wide Receiver.

More specifically, Schmaler said that when the e-mails mention "guns walking," they are referring to the 2006-07 Tucson case, Operation Wide Receiver. Schmaler said neither of the officials knew about guns walking in the Fast and Furious case.

(Emphasis mine.) Of course, "some" emails referring to Wide Receiver has absolutely no logical bearing on other emails referring specifically to Fast and Furious. I'm sure the next Republican Attorney General can count on the same kind of helpful spin and misdirection from the Washington Post.

Courtesy of Jim Shepherd at The Outdoor Wire, with a hat tip to Bob Owens at Pajamas Media, here are a few things the media is curiously forgetting to tell audiences about Operation Wide Receiver, which ran during the Bush years of 2006 and 2007 – and was indeed a bad idea, but not a monstrous horror like the Obama gun walking programs:

1. Wide Receiver was less than one-quarter the size of Fast and Furious, involving about 500 guns. About 450 guns made it across the border into Mexico. Not only was Fast and Furious much larger, but it was only one of several gun walking operations launched by the Obama Administration. In fact, intrepid CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson says she has "found allegations of gun walking in at least 10 cities in five states."

2. Unlike the Obama Administration programs, there actually was a serious attempt made to track the Wide Receiver weapons. Some of them were fitted with radio tracking devices. The cartel gun buyers figured out how to defeat the tracking system by driving around in circles, until the tracking planes ran out of fuel and were forced to return to base. Also, some of the tracking devices were damaged when ATF agents improperly inserted them into the guns.

By contrast, one of the signature features of Obama gun walking is that absolutely no effort to track the guns was ever in place. ATF agents have testified they were expressly ordered to stand down when they tried to follow the cartel straw purchasers. Whatever mistakes were made in Operation Wide Receiver, there's no way to argue that Operation Fast and Furious was not much worse… because they should have learned from what happened in Wide Receiver.

3. And by "they" I mean "Special Agent In Charge Bill Newell." That's right – the same Phoenix ATF supervisor who became famous during the investigation of Fast and Furious was involved with Operation Wide Receiver. He's also the ATF agent that originally told Congress that he mentioned gun walking in a roundabout way to his old buddy Kevin O'Reilly of the White House national security staff, who he communicates with maybe three or four times a year… only to be exposed as a liar when the same document dump that put AG Holder in jeopardy of perjury charges revealed a constant stream of emails between Newell and O'Reilly, lasting over a month.

4. Operation Wide Receiver was, by all accounts, shut down after its weapons dropped off the grid, and the ATF realized it had blundered. Operation Fast and Furious was only shut down because two of its weapons were discovered at the scene of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry's murder. According to congressional testimony, the Terry shooting - along with the mistaken suspicion that Tucson mass murderer Jared Loughner​ might have been packing a Fast and Furious gun – panicked top ATF brass into halting its gun walking operations.

5. The Obama Justice Department cobbled together significant inter-agency co-operation for its huge gun walking programs. As Kurt Hofmann of the Gun Rights Examiner notes, "At this point, we don't seem to have any evidence that earlier 'gunwalking' involved the FBI, the DEA, DHS, the State Department, the IRS, and even the White House Security Council."

6. And, of course, there was no massive cover-up of Wide Receiver. No senior Administration officials committed perjury to distance themselves from it. The ATF was not exactly advertising the existence of the operation, or its unhappy conclusion, but that's very different from the thick stone wall Obama and his people tried to build around their far larger and deadlier operations.

In fact, a confidential informant named Mike Detty, who participated in Wide Receiver as a gun dealer, specifically told David Codrea of the Gun Rights Examiner that the Bush Administration was not involved in the earlier gun walking program:

The AP​ story said that under Bush this case was never prosecuted and it took the Obama administration to find this Bush debacle and prosecute.

The truth is that the first two AUSA's assigned to this case declined to prosecute it because ATF, ASAC, SAC and above, lied to him and told him that the guns were being followed on the other side of the border. One AUSA told me, "Why would I take this case to court when I'd have to sacrifice my integrity and professional credibility because ATF screwed up so badly?"

There you have it. It had nothing to do with Bush or even DOJ at that point. ATF decision makers made the decision to devote 3 years worth of resources on a case based on a lie.
(Emphasis mine.) In summary, Operation Wide Receiver was a small-scale botched sting operation, in which a foolish, but faintly plausible, plan to track straw gun buyers to their criminal customers went terribly wrong. The Obama Administration used this disaster as a template, radically increased its scale, and turned it into something else altogether. Far from letting the Obama Administration "off the hook" because "Bush did it too," an understanding of the full Operation Wide Receiver story makes the Obama scandal worse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two wrongs still does not make it right..

I say investigate both.

ask each officer to honestly answer two questions..

"Who told you to do it?"

and "Why didn't you stop it?"

fire every officer involved that supported the program (or in government terms, let them resign)

and for every officer who hinders the investigation,.. prosecute them

US citizens buying large amounts of guns- and funnelling them (at big profits) to folks that smuggle them south of the border (at big profits)- and into the hands of drug cartels (at even bigger profits) has been going on for years.. The Mexican government has been complaining for 10+ years...

So the same question I asked before- how do you get to these straw buyers/resellers of hundreds/thousands of guns (and making a sham out of the Second Amendment)- and smugglers that are profiteering hugely with sales to folks that have unlimited funds?

Hypocrit was the only person to answer me-- Close the border tight....Great idea to me-- but it would take a major addition to the Border Patrol- and to the military (Coast Guard, Navy, and maybe even ground troops on the border) and a coordination between them which would give them investigation authority which could be/probably would be disputed by Constitutionalists as overriding the authority of the Posse Commitus act...

I'm still waiting for the Kojaks of the site to give us some other investigative techniques they could use against these folks that are using/abusing the 2nd Amendment.....

I would hope- that the NRA- and all the other gunsrights groups would recognize that- and work with law enforcement-----or I fear this will give us some much more strict guns laws/rules- like only 3 guns a month purchases- and ID/serial number tracking of every gun sold.....

Mexico is pushing hard for it- and the illegal activity is even making many moderate/hunter gun owner question why someone can buy and resell multiple guns without it being traced/questioned....

There are plenty of Gun Laws on the books now. Enforce what you have.

Every single one of those illegal straw purchasers that bought guns from the ATF selected establishments were guilty of a crime before they walked out the door.

Simple.

Arrest them. :roll:

But Buckwheat's minions wanted those guns to make it to Mexico to pad the stats of guns in Mex. coming from the USA. :roll:

Don't you get it yet? Are you really that dense? :roll:
Counting Mexico's Guns
Factcheck

April 17, 2009

Updated: April 22, 2009

President Obama says 90 percent of Mexico's recovered crime guns come from the U.S. That's not what the statistics show.

Mike said:
There are plenty of Gun Laws on the books now. Enforce what you have.

Every single one of those illegal straw purchasers that bought guns from the ATF selected establishments were guilty of a crime before they walked out the door.
Simple.

Arrest them. :roll:

But Buckwheat's minions wanted those guns to make it to Mexico to pad the stats of guns in Mex. coming from the USA. :roll:

Don't you get it yet? Are you really that dense? :roll:
Counting Mexico's Guns
Factcheck

April 17, 2009

Updated: April 22, 2009

President Obama says 90 percent of Mexico's recovered crime guns come from the U.S. That's not what the statistics show.

I've never seen it proven that those buying guns were illegals...

Does that mean those buying the guns under GW's operation were illegals too :???:

From what I've seen on all the National Geographic and other TV shows (Border Patrol Wars) - all this is being done by LEGAL gunbuyers- that then funnel them (at profit) to either the illegal users-- or use a middleman to funnel them to the illegal users (at an even greater profit)....

Finding a "mule" to smuggle them in is a dime a dozen- as they are starving in Mexico- so will do anything to make a profit... And if they don't show up with "product" they were given the money to bring back- they just end up laying on a dirt road- with their head in their lap!!!!!

Oh My God you ARE that dense........................................

You really need to learn a little about a subject before you start flapping your lips. Your credibility is shot. BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

In the fall of 2009, ATF agents installed a secret phone line and hidden cameras in a ceiling panel and wall at Andre Howard's Lone Wolf gun store. They gave him one basic instruction: Sell guns to every illegal purchaser who walks through the door.

For 15 months, Howard did as he was told. To customers with phony IDs or wads of cash he normally would have turned away, he sold pistols, rifles and semiautomatics. He was assured by the ATF that they would follow the guns, and that the surveillance would lead the agents to the violent Mexican drug cartels on the Southwest border.

When Howard heard nothing about any arrests, he questioned the agents. Keep selling, they told him. So hundreds of thousands of dollars more in weapons, including .50-caliber sniper rifles, walked out of the front door of his store in a Glendale, Ariz., strip mall.

He was making a lot of money. But he also feared somebody was going to get hurt.

"Every passing week, I worried about something like that," he said. "I felt horrible and sick."

Late in the night on Dec. 14, in a canyon west of Rio Rico, Ariz., Border Patrol agents came across Mexican bandits preying on illegal immigrants.

According to a Border Patrol "Shooting Incident" report, the agents fired two rounds of bean bags from a shotgun. The Mexicans returned fire. One agent fired from his sidearm, another with his M-4 rifle.

One of the alleged bandits, Manuel Osorio-Arellanes, a 33-year-old Mexican from Sinaloa, was wounded in the abdomen and legs. Agent Brian Terry — 40, single, a former Marine — also went down. "I'm hit!" he cried.

A fellow agent cradled his friend. "I can't feel my legs," Terry said. "I think I'm paralyzed." A bullet had pierced his aorta. Tall and nearly 240 pounds, Terry was too heavy to carry. They radioed for a helicopter. But Terry was bleeding badly, and he died in his colleague's arms.

The bandits left Osorio-Arellanes behind and escaped across the desert, tossing away two AK-47 semiautomatics from Howard's store.

Oldtimer do you consider it smart or even legal to send thousands of guns into FOREIGN COUNTRY in the attempts to catch the ANOTHER COUNTRY's citizens in illegal activities WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF SAID COUNTRY?

Tam said:
Oldtimer do you consider it smart or even legal to send thousands of guns into FOREIGN COUNTRY in the attempts to catch the ANOTHER COUNTRY's citizens in illegal activities WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF SAID COUNTRY?

Now Tam. Do you really think OT has that much forethought, foreknowledge, or prescience?

Didn't think so.................................................

Tam said:

As long as it's Obeezey, it's plumb allright in Old Wind-breaker's senile mind. If Bush conducts a similar operation, Old Gas-Passer is ready to string him up. :wink:

Tam said:

Tam- I'm not convinced major authorities in the Mexican Law Enforcement were not aware of this...Many have worked with DEA for years--but no one higher in government will admit it because they don't want to end up on a dirt road with their head in their lap......

And I have been involved when the Canadians (Mounties unknown to anyone in the US)- allowed smugglers to jump the border packing 3 hay bale size packages of marijuana- and then jumped the border themselves in tailing them-- and when finally getting telephone contact notified my dept of it ( in the late night)...But in doing so the lost surveillance for several hours- and when we and them picked back up surveillance they only had 2 bales- which we were able to surveil to Billings and not only take down the "mules" hauling it- but those receiving it besides those in Canada that sent it down... ATTA-BOY Dick...

But in making that call- we lost 1 bale somewhere in your old home backyard (between Opheim and Plentywood)-- which we spent weeks going down backroads, looking under bridges, and interviewing folks on....

We always hoped that what we lost was ate by deer-- but reallized that what we took down was far more worthwhile than what we lost...

But I guess- if you are a "perfect person" like you Tam- everything works out perfect---BUT in the real life of LE "sh*t happens" and you work it as well as you can.....

If I have it right the Bush gun running sting was done with the co-operation of the Mexican Government UNLIKE Obama's. That would make what Obama did WAY DIFFERENT from what Bush and the Mexican Government did. WOULDN'T IT? :?

Jorge Ramos GRILLS Obama on Fast & Furious:

(transcript)
JR: THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT COMPLAINS THAT THEY WERE NOT INFORMED ABOUT THE "FAST AND FURIOUS" OPERATION. DID YOU AUTHORIZE THIS OPERATION AND WAS PRESIDENT CALDERON PROPERLY INFORMED ABOUT IT?

PBO: Well, first of all I did not authorize it. Eric Holder, the Attorney General, did not authorize it. He's been very clear that our policy is to catch gun runners and put them into jail. So what he's done is he's assigned an I.G., an inspector general, to investigate what exactly happened…

JR: SO WHO AUTHORIZED IT?

PBO: Well, we don't have all the facts. That's why the I.G. is in business. To collect the facts.

JR: AND YOU WERE NOT EVEN INFORMED ABOUT IT?

PBO: Absolutely not, this is a pretty big government, the United States government. I got a lot of moving parts. But I want to be very clear, I spoke to President Calderon when he came to visit just a few weeks ago, our policy is to ramp up the interdiction of guns flowing south because that's contributing to some of the security problems that are taking place in Mexico and what we are doing is trying to build the kind of cooperation between Mexico and the United States that we haven't seen before. That ensures that we have a comprehensive approach.

I've said to President Calderon and I've said it publicly, we've got obligations. It's not just Mexico's problem, it's also our problem. We got to reduce demand for drugs, which is why even though we got obviously significant deficits; we are allocating 10 billion dollars in our budget to try to reduce demand through prevention programs and education programs.

We have to make sure that we are enforcing the kinds of measures that will stop the flow of guns and cash down south that is helping to fuel these transnational drug cartels. So we've initiated excellent cooperation, there may be a situation here in which a serious mistake was made, if that's the case then we'll find out and will hold somebody accountable.

JR: MEXICO WAS NOT INFORMED THEN?

PBO: Well, if I wasn't informed I assure you that Mexico wasn't either.

Can't you come up with a better excuse than that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I'm not convinced"..................... :roll:

It truly doesn't matter if you are convinced or not. When Mexico says they weren't informed, don't you think the U.S. could pull out a letter notifying them if there was one? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

Tam- I'm not convinced major authorities in the Mexican Law Enforcement were not aware of this...Many have worked with DEA for years--but no one higher in government will admit it because they don't want to end up on a dirt road with their head in their lap......

And I have been involved when the Canadians (Mounties unknown to anyone in the US)- allowed smugglers to jump the border packing 3 hay bale size packages of marijuana- and then jumped the border themselves in tailing them-- and when finally getting telephone contact notified my dept of it ( in the late night)...But in doing so the lost surveillance for several hours- and when we and them picked back up surveillance they only had 2 bales- which we were able to surveil to Billings and not only take down the "mules" hauling it- but those receiving it besides those in Canada that sent it down... ATTA-BOY Dick...

But in making that call- we lost 1 bale somewhere in your old home backyard (between Opheim and Plentywood)-- which we spent weeks going down backroads, looking under bridges, and interviewing folks on....

We always hoped that what we lost was ate by deer-- but reallized that what we took down was far more worthwhile than what we lost...

But I guess- if you are a "perfect person" like you Tam- everything works out perfect---BUT in the real life of LE "sh*t happens" and you work it as well as you can.....

Oh for Gawd sakes Oldtimer we are not talking about a single late night run across the border, we are talking about a long term ill thought out PLAN by a US government agency to allow guns to be sold to illegals to be taken into a foreign country to catch that country's citizens in an illegal activity, that resulted in the death of one of your fellow US LEOs. :roll: Comparing your little story to the scope of what Obama's Administration did shows just how far you will go to defend the UNDEFENDABLE Actions of your idiot President and his APPOINTED MINIONS :roll:

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

Oh for Gawd sakes Oldtimer we are not talking about a single late night run across the border, we are talking about a long term ill thought out PLAN by a US government agency to allow guns to be sold to illegals to be taken into a foreign country to catch that country's citizens in an illegal activity, that resulted in the death of one of your fellow US LEOs. :roll: Comparing your little story to the scope of what Obama's Administration did shows just how far you will go to defend the UNDEFENDABLE Actions of your idiot President and his APPOINTED MINIONS :roll:

Tam- just like the drugs coming from Canada- the guns have been being bought by "so called" legal buyers-- who are actually straw buyers and use the US gun laws to "profiteer" by selling them into the Mexican drug trade for years...
Neither the Canadian drug traffikers hauling drugs to the US-- nor the US gun buyers hauling guns to Mexico was initiated by the government-- it was an operation that has been going on for years..... And you can take down all the mules you want- and it won't stop it--but until you take down the major players in the conspiracy on both sides the border- you don't even make a dent in it......

What really should burn most second amendment backers and gun owners are these so called "legal gun purchasers" that are making a shambles of US gun laws-- and are getting more and more nationwide- besides international pressure to put in purchasing limits and ID/serial number tracing on every gun sale...

Latest posts