• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fair Market Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SASH

Reaction score
Time to pony up, boys. Fair Market Beef is taking R-CALF to court. They are looking for 13,000 producers with cheques of $20 each. They are filing a suit against R-CALF and its members looking for $7 Million Dollars a day in damages. They have given R-Calf an offer to publicly retract the false statements made about Canadian beef and no retraction has been forthcoming. They have hired a lawyer out of Montana and the court date has been set for April 11th/2005.

Please make your cheques payable to: Fair Market Beef

Send them to:

Fair Market Beef
c/o Jim Murray
RR#3, Site 70, Box 8
Portage la Prairie, Mb
R1N 3A3

The nice thing about all of this is at least the lawyers are making money. I lose sleep at night worrying if they'll be able to get enough work to pay their bills

The nice thing about all of this is at least the lawyers are making money. I lose sleep at night worrying if they'll be able to get enough work to pay their bills

Yea, i always feel bad for those poor lawyers, only making $250 per hour or so. They really are quite poor you know compared to NHL hockey players. :cry:

I will, post your address, and I'll send a post dated check for after the case. I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt in sending it back if R-calf loses. Plases post an address to show you're serious, thanks

Murgen

:) You know that with the potential impact of these slanderous words that Rcalf is using, I wonder why more logical thinking American's would not support this Canadian led, American Lawyer paid, suit.

Even most Rcalf folks with more brains than our poor dear Hat see the problems that could arise from more talk about fear and danger in a situation where none truely exists.

How about it America. Are you going to take this attack on your property from Rcalf lying down.

There is a line between standing up for your rights as a grassroots movement, and outright agression and hurt. Rcalf has crossed that line one too many times.

SASH said:

Send them to:

Fair Market Beef
c/o Jim Murray
RR#3, Site 70, Box 8
Portage la Prairie, Mb

R1N 3A3
My check went out in yesterdays mail.

Yeah, I think the majority of American cattle producers kind of think about R-CALF the same way they would think about a retarded relative. Don't really want to say too much. Don't really want to acknowledge that they're related. There's probably some out there that thought they was doing okay 'til they picked up that nasty habit of playing in the toilet. :p

I have been told that in the U.S., if an organization is sued and is ruled against, that the members of that organization are liable for the settlement money.

Is this true? If so, it could have serious consequences for members if the ruling was against them. Perhaps some of our American friends here could answer this.

If it is true, are the ordinary rank and file members of R-Calf aware of it? If I was a member, I'd want to know. :?

As for whether it succeeds or not, that's not the issue. The real issue is that when someone goes to the public with such blatant lies about your integrity, it's your responsibility to defend yourself. To do less would be to invite more slander.

you are the biggest loser in the world when you turn your back on the org that has gotten you $1.25 cwt calves. But I guess you don't care when you only have 4 head and are a hobby joke farmer like yourself. Get your worthless tail back to the rest of the bucket calf raisers over on Cattle Today. You make me sick.

You must've heard me calling you Mr.Hat. I was just talking about retards and here you are. Were your ears burning? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kato said:
I have been told that in the U.S., if an organization is sued and is ruled against, that the members of that organization are liable for the settlement money.

Is this true? If so, it could have serious consequences for members if the ruling was against them. Perhaps some of our American friends here could answer this.

If it is true, are the ordinary rank and file members of R-Calf aware of it? If I was a member, I'd want to know. :?

As for whether it succeeds or not, that's not the issue. The real issue is that when someone goes to the public with such blatant lies about your integrity, it's your responsibility to defend yourself. To do less would be to invite more slander.

I'm certainly no legal expert, but I seriously doubt that is the case. Consider the fact that shareholders of public companies are actually owners and they can not be held liable for actions of that company. With that in mind, it certainly makes no sense that liabilty would be incurred simply by being a dues-paying member of a trade org.

I'm not worried in the least. I'm also not real sure you're going to be able to pin many "lies" on R-CALF. I think all you're going to end up doing is introducing more US consumers to the fact that you've got BSE up there - and that plays right into the hands of R-CALF. Lets say that if you do win a case (and I'll bet just about anything this slander suit flops totally quickly), R-CALF simply disbands and forms as S-CALF, or something to that effect. They have no assets to speak of - you'ld get some used office equipment worth a couple thousand.

Instead of going after R-CALF, why not channel you efforts towards something that will actually help you out, like build a packing plant or getting rid of the politicians up there who are under the AMI's and USDA's thumbs?

R-Calf is not a public company. the members will be responsible if a judgement is brought against them. Either that or they can declare bankruptcy and dissolve the organization. the leaders who have made the false statements can still be held liable for libel. :lol: Good Luck.

SASH said:
R-Calf is not a public company. the members will be responsible if a judgement is brought against them. Either that or they can declare bankruptcy and dissolve the organization. the leaders who have made the false statements can still be held liable for libel. :lol: Good Luck.

You don't get it, Sash. If owners of a public company can not be held liable, how can simple dues paying members of a trade org. be liable? A public company is a much bigger horse than a trade org. You've got nothing.

Yet again, you blame R-CALF for creating your problems when R-CALF has only exposed them. Your problems are the AMI, USDA, and your own yellow-backed government.

I'm also not real sure you're going to be able to pin many "lies" on R-CALF.

What part of "we know Canada still processes downers and the US doesn't process downers" is true, what part of "Canada has a chronic problem with their feed bans and the CFIA have proof" is true? What part of "All Canadian beef is tainted and a genuine risk of death to US consumers" is true? These are just three of the lies R-CALF leadership have put to the media and should have to answer for.

Hat said:
la4angus said:
SASH said:

Send them to:

Fair Market Beef
c/o Jim Murray
RR#3, Site 70, Box 8
Portage la Prairie, Mb

R1N 3A3
My check went out in yesterdays mail.

LA4ANGUS, you are the biggest loser in the world when you turn your back on the org that has gotten you $1.25 cwt calves. But I guess you don't care when you only have 4 head and are a hobby joke farmer like yourself. Get your worthless tail back to the rest of the bucket calf raisers over on Cattle Today. You make me sick.

Hat, Is,nt that Momma calling .time for your nap. :lol2:

April 6, 2005

Oregon Affiliate Names Regional Chairs

(Billings, Mont.) – Margene Eiguren, R-CALF USA's Membership Chair for the state of Oregon, announced today that regional chairs for that state have been appointed to educate Oregon cattle producers about R-CALF USA and grow membership for the national organization.

"There is a concerted effort going on in Oregon to grow membership for the national cattle organization that works exclusively – and so effectively – for both U.S. cattle producers and the Oregon Livestock Producers Association (OLPA) – an R-CALF state affiliate," Eiguren said.

"R-CALF USA, with the help of affiliates like OLPA, is changing the direction of the U.S. cattle industry, and we want more cattle producers to get involved," she said. "To ensure the success of both organizations, Oregon has been divided into seven regions with an R-CALF/OLPA membership chair in each region to plan membership recruitment activities in that region.

"These people believe that joining both OLPA and R-CALF is an investment in your future, your businesses, and in your way of life," said Eiguren, who also is national co-chair of R-CALF USA's membership committee.

The following individuals and their appropriate contact information are listed below for those who would like additional information about becoming involved in either organization:

R-CALF USA Oregon State Chair: Margene Eiguren in Jordan Valley, Ore., (541) 586-2423.

Region 1 Co-Chair: Jim Getten in Ontario, Ore., (541) 881-8716.

Region 1 Co-Chair: Mark Joyce in Juntura, Ore., (541) 277-3495.

Region 2: Mike and Elaine Smith in Prairie City, Ore., (541) 820-4483.

Region 3: Vicki Fleshman in Joseph, Ore., (541) 432-8635.

Region 4 Co-Chair: Tom O'Leary in Silver Lake, Ore., (541) 576-2568.

Region 4 Co-Chair: Clayton Sharp in Fort Rock, Ore. (541) 576-2573.

Region 5 Co-Chair: Mike Alley in Culver, Ore., (541) 546-8171.

Region 5 Co-Chair: Mark Malott-Powell in Butte, Ore., (541) 480-7157.

Region 6: Bob Lozano in Butte Falls, Ore., (541) 865-3421.

Region 7: Steve Coleman in Molalla, Ore., (503) 829-3140.

"Oregon cattle producers are excited about this new development, and we're pleased to be affiliated with an organization willing to on the tough issues such as international trade agreements, country-of-origin labeling (COOL), meatpacker concentration, captive supply, concentration, and a host of other challenges," noted Eiguren. "R-CALF's success in these areas will make it possible for U.S. cattle producers to compete successfully in the global market, while maintaining sustainability and profitability.

"R-CALF USA's work on the Canadian border issue will help ensure that cattle and beef trade with Canada is resumed in a science-based manner that protects both our domestic cattle industry, and our greatest asset – consumers," she continued.

"Because of this commitment to grassroots producers and the issues that affect them, OLPA is proud to be the R-CALF USA state affiliate in Oregon," Eiguren said. "The Oregon Livestock Producers Association was formed in 2003 with the purpose of giving Oregon cattle producers a choice to belong to an organization that is affiliated with R-CALF USA, an organization that's returning the cattle producer segment of the industry to their long, rich heritage of having a proud national organization comprised only of U.S. cattle producers."

# # #

R-CALF USA (Ranchers-Cattlemen Action Legal Fund, United Stockgrowers of America) represents thousands of U.S. cattle producers on domestic and international trade and marketing issues. R-CALF USA, a national, non-profit organization, is dedicated to ensuring the continued profitability and viability of the U.S. cattle industry. R-CALF USA's membership consists primarily of cow-calf operators, cattle backgrounders, and feedlot owners. Its members – over 14,000 strong – are located in 46 states, and the organization has over 60 local and state association affiliates, from both cattle and farm organizations. Various main street businesses are associate members of R-CALF USA. For more information, visit www.r-calfusa.com or, call 406-252-2516.

:) I'm always amazed with the posts that you actually write oltimer.

You talked of Canadian producers wasting time with this legal suit while they should be concentrating on the packing plant situation.

Why don't you and Rcalf attack your real foes instead of fighting your battle on the backs of Canadian producers. Rcalf and you oldtimer are gutless wonders.

what are you going to do when the Pasco plant closes because of no cattle to process? What are you going to do when Hyrum and Boise close because they have no cattle? The R-laff position is a discrace. We are importing the same amount of beef as before but it is on the refer truck, not on the hoof, WHAT HAS R-CALF DONE EXCEPT TO DISCOURAGE BEEF EATING? ANSWER THAT FOR ME WOULD YOU HAT, NEBRUSKER FORGOT TO GET HIS STUFF IN A PILE AND GOT RAN OFF OF THIS SITE,

Latest posts