• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

false heat??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hopalong

Reaction score
I recently set up a woman with a Brown Swiss cow to do a TAI on the cow.
Put in the cidr and shot of GnRH and went on my way
7 days later pulled the cidr, shot of lute as have done lots of times before.
this was on a Tues about 1 pm
about 7 pm on weds evening, cow had mucus, bawling, following the fence line, want the woman to pet her all the classic signs of heat!!
Was out of town, no way to get to her. was scheduled to TAI the cow Fri morning at 8 AM. A.I. the cow this morning,
Did she have a false heat? almost 1/1/2 days before the protocol said she should have???
Opinions, thoughts, others wise???
Did I waste the time and effort to inseminate her?

Thanks

It sounds in line with how most of mine normally react time wise. And you inseminated when we would have also. I think you did well.

we have never used the cidr but do use lute and have had cows come in to heat in the first 24 hours

Kind of been our exp--if she was gonna cycle n 2-3 days of the cidor being put in the heat was just held at bay and soon as you lut every thing was just waiting to go pdq. Would guess 50/50 as to being bred. If you don't have semen she dang sure ain't gonna stick

Thanks.
I did not have a good answer to give her as to why she showed all the given signs of being in heat 2 days before the TAI was to take place.
Kinda makes sense.
thanks

Latest posts