• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Family Tragedy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WVGenetics

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right location for this or not but I want to ask for your alls prayers for my good friend and his family who are a big part of the cattle business here. My friend who is 26 buried his mother 3 weeks ago to the day. She was 51. March will make 7 years since his father passed and his grandfather ( His mothers dad) died today of an apparent heart attack while feeding. He watched them both die.

My friend is stuck calving over 400 cows by himself and his granddad had around 125 due in 3 weeks. Please pray for this family and my friend with so much going on he is giving up on God.

prayers from Kansas. it is the toughest of times that character and faith shine through.

He's got prayers from above the 49th and hope calving goes well for him , I know it helped us , pretty tough to go near the shop the first day but I think that's what helped us get through a time like that .

I hate to hear that. Poor guy has a lot to deal with and a lot of work and responsibility. If he hasn't grown up yet, he will in a hurry. I sure hope he has some good friends and neighbors who will watch over him as things will be really hard for him for a while. We will be thinking of him.

I don't know as I'd call it stuck, more like challenged or blessed. He may never have a better calving season, and less trouble...
That's my prayer.

Prayers are sent to give your friend the strength and grace that he needs to overcome this tremendous loss.

All I know is that pain and suffering brings transformation, but I wish I could understand God's timing for such events in our lives.

"I'll lend you for a little while,
a child of mine" God said,
"for you to love the while she lives,
and mourn for when she's dead.

It may be two or three short years,
or twenty-two or three,
but will you, till I call her back,
take care of her for me?

She'll bring her charms to gladden you,
and should her stay be brief,
you'll have her lovely memories
as solace for your grief.