• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Farm Talk

Help Support Ranchers.net:

burnt

Reaction score
Sold some new-crop corn this morning for $280/MT, FOB the farm, Oct./Nov. pickup. Never saw this kind of pricing opportunity before. :shock: So I decided to take it and sell a bit at least.

Because as much as corn goes up, that's about how much my calf crop goes down in value, I figure.

We sold 10,000 at 7.00 at harvest. But did sell some at 5.50 only 5,000 thankfully. I think you will see corn go slot higher to. Hasn't been the best conditions in the corn belt. Hope it does have slot more to sell!

Well I sold a bit more today at $7.25/bu., FOB the farm, Oct. That's enough for now- it brings me to half sold on new crop.

If it goes higher than this, I don't know how the (end user) market can stay in business. There are less cattle being fed around here all the time.

burnt said:
Well I sold a bit more today at $7.25/bu., FOB the farm, Oct. That's enough for now- it brings me to half sold on new crop.

If it goes higher than this, I don't know how the (end user) market can stay in business. There are less cattle being fed around here all the time.

But probably a lot more E85 cars driving by. :roll:

Oops . . .

:shock:

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/cattle-news/latest/As-crop-prospects-shrink-some-Chicago-traders-betting-on-12-corn-128482843.html

:shock: :shock: :shock:

burnt said:
Just got home from paying a bill at the neighbor's and he pulled the trigger on all his old crop today.

$8.00/bu.!!! :shock:

You could always buy some for that and sell it later for $12........ or $6. :wink: :lol:

I'm glad I've got a 120 acres of the stuff planted almost a shame chopping it for silage. But what would I do with money anyhow.

Latest posts