• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Favorite booze?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM said:
mp,

A guy from the Norhtwest, Our new favorite is Pendletron of course, LOL....It's like Crown, so maybe not for you. Some of the Posters are cool, Most have locals, one has a cowboy looking off and is captioned, "Scars tell great stories"...

Surprised that nobody has voted for Tangle Ridge,

PPRM

Tangle Ridge.......on the rocks. Definitely. Without a doubt. Overwhelmingly.

If you Canucks can find it.... (its rare in some places) try Centennial. It was originally made by Highwood distillers in High River and was made to commemorate the 100 years anniversary of Western Stock growers of Alberta. The label has a horseman herding a Herford on it. It wasn't a big seller in the stores and they ended up changing the bottle to a long tall one, with a black and gold label and cork top and is now aged 10 years.

very smooth!

For BMR ( Golden Wedding.... ugh) ( you poor guys in Saskatechewan don't get the best of anything do you?) <--- from Ross

I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow. :)

I spent a couple of years in Germany. I found an appreciation for good beer, not just mass produced beer. Although my rate of consumption of the later has been known to outpace my metabolic digestion.

When I was over in Deutchland, I had an opportunity to visit a brewery in Kreuzberg. The brewery was run by monks and was rated by Playboy, not that I read the magazine...OH, I don't look at the pictures either, as one of the top 5 beers in the world. It definitely was some fine tasting beer. It didn't matter if it was warm or cold.

It was definitely a unique place. The monks had hung a picture of a monk facing away from you and lifting the front of his frock as he stood over a fermentation tank. The text on the picture stated, "The monks do something special to their beer every morning prior to opening the brewery." That picture really cracked me up.

Geez, nobody mentioned vodka. Seems I might be a bit of an outsider in the alcohol department. Give me a vodka paralyzer any day! Beer, yuck! Whiskey, only if I have no other choice!

I don't think there is anything smoother than Crown--especially when some cattle buyer is buying the bottle to share... but its a little pricey so I stick with the R & R or Black Velvet.......

We weerre guiding a bunch of Italians fromManhattan(restaurant owners) they always wanted you to have a glass of wine at supper-it was awful. Went to town and got a bottle of Meadow Lake's finest fighting wine (Branvin) and switched it with theirs-it was interesting to say the least. They all got scrapping at the table about politics sounded just like 'The Sopransos'. Heard lots of ' FUGGED About it's' lol

Those ole canuckle heads make good whiskey,Crown is hard to beat,Weller is a good Kentucky bourbon whiskey,especially if you get the antique blend............good luck PS dont mix good whiskey with anything except pure spring water.

I tell ya cowsense it brings out the best in ya-gotta love an elixer with a health warning lol. The hardest part was not crapping myself laughing as they drank it lol.

HAY MAKER said:
Those ole canuckle heads make good whiskey,Crown is hard to beat,

Practice makes perfect....Ain't nothing else to do up north there during the long winters except drink whiskey and chase the baby's mama :lol: ....

Oldtimer said:
HAY MAKER said:
Those ole canuckle heads make good whiskey,Crown is hard to beat,

Practice makes perfect....Ain't nothing else to do up north there during the long winters except drink whiskey and chase the baby's mama :lol: ....

Well that dont sound all bad,chase mama and drink whiskey when the weather turns sour.
Its hard to use weather for an excuse around here,pretty much run your bulls with your cows to calve when ever you choose,pretty common around here to calve in the spring and then calve another herd in the fall.
I wish we would get some bad weather here,I believe I could take to that pretty good................good luck

Used to like to have Lord Calvert and coke. Can't say I really care for Crown Royal though. When I'm in Minnesota, I usually don't pass up tipping a couple of Grainbelts. Here in WI, it's mostly Miller products, but I'd sooner have Point...which is brewed up in Stevens Point.

http://www.pointbeer.com/brewery.php

Now that I think about it, maybe I had crown confused with something else - Southern Comfort. Man, do I hate that stuff. Anyway, PPRM, I've tried Pendelton and it's pretty damn good. I'll have to pick up a bottle of that pretty soon. Lately, I've been drinking George Dickel. It's smooth, but only $14-18 per fifth.

As for beer, I recommend anything from Oregon, and not just cause it's my (adopted) home state. Three of the top ten microbreweries are from our state. I don't know if they sell Dead Guy Ale from Rogue all across the U.S., but if you like a dark beer, then you'll love it. Perfect for washing down Old Crow!

Jinglebob have you ever tried Devils Tower beer? I saw it when we stopped in after deadwood. Brewed in Montana. Guess the can't raise enough barley in Wyoming :!: :cowboy:

Did my share of drinking in Thoses Days - then I became a week-end "Bar Tender" at the local HOOT N STOMP - - I was warrned that I'd become a Drink or Quite - Did Nether but now I cut my drinks with with water/soda (get the tast but not drunk and no hangover)(Bar Tender Trick) (Takes a week or two but soon a regular drink is to strong)

I'm all over the board - it's hard to cut shots so I have a limit of 1or2 - - Favorit? TEQUILA - - Not the Cheep Stuff with coloring - I find the that "Tequila CABRITO Reposado" $19.99 is as good as the $30 to $40 stuff

Story:
Last Spring SafeWay had 1/2 Gallons of Seagram's Extra Dry Gin on sale for $15 - when I went to pay it came up as $5 (I told the that was the wrong Price but the computer knew better - I walked out with 5 bottles and lots of STRANGE LOOKS :shock: :roll: :shock: :roll:

Speaking of booze,I was up at the shop yesterday and found a bottle of "knob creek" I never heard of it,I can usually tell who's been hanging around there by the whiskey bottles left,as a few of them like good whiskey and a couple will drink damn near anything,but I have never heard of knob creek,just wondering as it looks like good stuff..........good luck

Haymaker, I think Knob Creek is a fine bourbon whiskey. REAAAAAAAAAL smooth. I wouldn't mix this with anything. I like it as is at room temp, you can really savor the flavor.

I would have to vote for 3 good whiskey's. Wild Turkey 101, Glenn Fidich, and Crown .Having spent a winter in North east Nev. Learned allot about drinking and chasing the mama's baby. Don't envy you Northerners any this time of year. :D

Latest posts