• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Few Pics off my herd

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Farmerkuk

Reaction score
2yr olds calving grounds
IMG_1153.jpg

2 yr olds Calf
IMG_1148.jpg

2 yr olds calf
IMG_1144.jpg

Cow posing for me
IMG_1136.jpg

One of my favorite Sim/angus Cows
IMG_0672.jpg

Nice pics. Out of curiosity why is that your favourite cow?
Not picking on her, just want to know how you think about things. :D

No particular reason.. She came in a group of bred hfrs that all look the same. Great disposition good mothers and raise the biggest calves.

BMR, I'm not positive but I think the river is on the other side of those hills. If I'm right those are the Wildcat Hills, or the north drainage of the "mighty" Pumpkin Creek; Banner County , Nebraska.
I could be off a couple of counties...

No, that picture was taken on the north side of the North Platte River looking south. The third picture looks like it was taken somewhere around the town of Mitchell. The river is the line of trees above the RR tracks. We run cows during the winter on cornstalks just about straight south of where the third picture was taken so I get to spend a lot of time looking at those hills while I put up electric fence.

Do you haul out of the Pumpkin Creek valley? The headquarters for our ranch is at the headwaters of the Pumpkin Creek.

Still waiting on trich and BVD test results from our bulls. I am sending the samples this week for the replacement heifers for BVD testing. Once we have completely ruled those two out we will decide what the next step is.

rancherfred said:
No, that picture was taken on the north side of the North Platte River looking south. The third picture looks like it was taken somewhere around the town of Mitchell. The river is the line of trees above the RR tracks.

You are close!!!!!

it is east of Mitchell

rancherfred said:
We run cows during the winter on cornstalks just about straight south of where the third picture was taken so I get to spend a lot of time looking at those hills while I put up electric fence.

You must be on the south side of the river then?

Latest posts