• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Finally got a little moisture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
It's hard to take pictures when it's dry and depressing outside but we finally got some much needed moisture yesterday so I thought I'd post a few.

This is from last Sunday. We were bringing this group in to brand. It was a lot drier than it looks in this picture.
IMG_3349.jpg

Today.
IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

This truck may see some more use now.
IMG_3364.jpg

847 is dreaming of being back in South Dakota.
CopyofIMG_3360.jpg

Still feeding these until my neighbor move his bulls or I get the electric fence going.
IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

065's little brother 186
IMG_3381.jpg

This Owl had a big eyed little one that ducked under before I could take the picture.
IMG_3377.jpg

Those poor old Herefords look like they're barely getting by Ned. :wink: :lol:

That bit of snow will be a good start for you.

I'm glad you got some moisture, that snow will really help your grass along :D . We were on the edge of the system and only got a trace.

Your cattle look great! I'd sure like to see how your yearling heifers are looking... hint hint :wink: :D .

Don't let lack of moisture stop ya from posting pictures! :lol: If that becomes a hard and fast rule i might as well pawn the camera's. :shock: :wink: Bet that spring storm was welcome. Hope your grass takes off now that it has some H2o. We get a tenth of an inch of moisture and about 2 feet of wind to suck it all away. Cows look good and i want to see the heifers too! :D

I got so excited about the moisture I went and bought some seed today. :D

I'll try to get a few pictures of the heifers tomorrow. Thanks for the requests.

When its dry and dusty even moisture from snow can look good- even during calving season..

We are very lucky this spring-- altho the wind seems to blow every day- we are 1.5 inches over normal (which is a lot in an area that averages 11 inches a year)... I went north to the pasture area and dumped out about 1.1 inches of moisture in the gauge- that we had received over the weekend... :D
Cows were grazing in the hay meadows and pasture around the wheat fields- BUT the wheat jumped about an inch or two out of the ground with the rain-- so spent the day gathering them (and fixing fence) and moving them across the higway to one of the summer pastures.

Your cows and calves are really looking good Ned...

If my count and matching was right today- I have two cows on summer pasture--- and 1 heifer left at home to still calve which looks like will be soon (before June 1)--- and if this happens- with the great calving weather we had- along with now using real calving ease bulls- will be the first year I can remember ever with 100% calf crop that I never touched a cow/calf..... :D :D :D (Knock on Wood)

That rain-snow really helped. They say we got around 2 in. of moisture all together. More is supposed to be coming over the weekend.
IMG_3401.jpg

My daughter got some good pictures of the Owls with her fancy camera.
DSC00368.jpg

And here's some pictures of our heifers.
IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3435.jpg

847's maternal sister.
IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3444.jpg

That's a nice set of consistent, uniform heifers. This fall, how about we head your direction and sort through you heifer pen after you pick you replacements. :wink: :D :D Hopefully 175 will have a couple of desert daughters if the AI tech had good luck. :D Glad ya got some moisture.

CopyofIMG_3360.jpg

He's starting to look a lot like his sire did, Ned! I sure love the depth of body!

I sure hope that moisture keeps up for you. We got a nice rain here overnight.

The heifers look great, thanks for posting the pics. Hopefully you're getting more moisture today/tomorrow. Once again, it's going to miss us.

leanin' H said:
That's a nice set of consistent, uniform heifers. This fall, how about we head your direction and sort through you heifer pen after you pick you replacements. :wink: :D :D Hopefully 175 will have a couple of desert daughters if the AI tech had good luck. :D Glad ya got some moisture.

Thanks, I should have a few heifers for sale sometime. :) I hope you have a bunch of 175 calves.

herefords.us said:
He's starting to look a lot like his sire did, Ned! I sure love the depth of body!

I sure hope that moisture keeps up for you. We got a nice rain here overnight.

He really is starting to look like the image of his sire. Glad you got some more rain, hope it keeps it up.

WyomingRancher said:
The heifers look great, thanks for posting the pics. Hopefully you're getting more moisture today/tomorrow. Once again, it's going to miss us.

Thanks glad you liked them.

I think you'll start getting some moisture soon. I believe it's all connected to the moon, change is coming and good years are ahead. At least I hope so. :)

Latest posts