• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Finishing up at the funny farm

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
100_3224.jpg

Fed the steers

100_3226.jpg

Gotta open the gate for the steers to come in to eat.

100_3228.jpg

Okay calves get outta the way.. Oh yeah the red steer is a hiefier's calf.

100_3233.jpg

Ain't he nice?

100_3237.jpg

More steers.

100_3242.jpg

Friendly cuss..

100_3244.jpg

Heading back to cut twine for my hubby. He's trucking today to Fremont Ne.

100_3245.jpg

Panels to keep the deer off the silage pile..

100_3246.jpg

Nicely stacked

100_3248.jpg

Got my equipment ready to use.

100_3251.jpg

Mouse nest..

100_3249-1.jpg

Well stocked up for the winter..

100_3253.jpg

Pulling twine form two bales at a time.. Do I have skills or what??

100_3254.jpg

The guys call this cowgirl coils....

All done!
100_3222.jpg

100_3223.jpg

The weather is gorgeous. We vaccinated our bred heifers yesterday, and did one bunch of three-year-olds today, giving Scourgard 4KC. It's 51 degrees at the moment. No problem with vaccine needles freezing. We had our first calf yesterday and two so far today. Need to sort heavies this afternoon. Good to see you in Valentine at the Bull Bash last Saturday, Katrina. :)

Sorry I couldn't stop longer and visit.. I was a women on a mission at that time. Plus I know what a shutter bug you are and I didn't want to break your camara!! :wink: :D Hubby's mom is 84 and she can not remember a winter like this.. What say's your dad?..... All I know it had better rain this spring.. I ran into blackout at the ABS meeting last night.. What a swell guy... I think you introduced him to me at a horse sale as a lurker right? LOL

what are your plans for the steer calves? are you waiting for the market to go up? :wink: :D

calves look nice and shiney.

Calves are looking shiny and clean.

Ours are way dirtier than I like this winter with all the warm weather making it almost impossible to keep them dry. Went through more bedding than already than I used all last winter and still have tagged calves. Not good. Gonna sell then soon so I guess we'll see how bad I get nicked for tagging.

burnt said:
Calves are looking shiny and clean.

Ours are way dirtier than I like this winter with all the warm weather making it almost impossible to keep them dry. Went through more bedding than already than I used all last winter and still have tagged calves. Not good. Gonna sell then soon so I guess we'll see how bad I get nicked for tagging.

Run them through the car wash on the way to the sale. :wink:

How about a pressure washer?

Latest posts