• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fit some work into my schedule.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
All play and no work is not that profitable so here are a few of my work even though it seems like play.

Rounding up some cattle to move west to our other place.
July2011395.jpg

Grass is good but mostly soft. On a wet year like this the cows will really bloom on the hard grass at the ranch.
July2011410.jpg

Ready to load.
July2011411.jpg

July2011414.jpg

The grass in the corral is adequate.
July2011421.jpg

Where'd those cows go???
July2011431.jpg

Fencing crew.
July2011437.jpg

Cattle mover.
July2011458.jpg

Sorting out the pecking order. We switched out a few bulls when we loaded. Always makes me nervous.
July2011460.jpg

Your bunch resembles our bunch's condition a lot. This washy grass is allowing the calves to grow but the cows are sure having difficulty fleshing up and shedding off.

Started another rainy spell day before yesterday and looks to be here for a few days. Will postpone the start of haying for a week or so while the swamps dry up.

gcreekrch said:
Your bunch resembles our bunch's condition a lot. This washy grass is allowing the calves to grow but the cows are sure having difficulty fleshing up and shedding off.

Started another rainy spell day before yesterday and looks to be here for a few days. Will postpone the start of haying for a week or so while the swamps dry up.
They will bloom on their new diet. They look a bit empty because they were on a mostly legume pasture for a few days before we loaded. It doesn't need the rumen as much as grass does but at the end of the day they really put the flesh on. I was avoiding the ranch because the native hard grasses carry over better. I guess we could always bale the overage on the flats. Raining here as we speak.

Everything sure looks good down your way Per. Nothing nicer to look at than good cattle of the right colour in tall grass. :D

Raining here as we speak.[/quote]

here too quite heavy at times, some light show last night, over an inch in the gauge

Thats the best stand of Cicer Milk vetch I have ever seen. How did you get it that way?
Looks like someone is making a little time for work. Things look great!

Bward said:
I was beginning to wonder if you too took time off to do any work. :wink:
Bward, I live a bit of a charmed life. Fortunately my wife and boy fill in when I am playing. Speaking of which, i enjoyed visiting with you the other day.

Greybeard, that field has be grazed hard in the spring because of its location. The last two years we let it go to seed and have been blessed with plenty of rain. Given the right conditions Cicer is a bit of an increaser.

Trinity man said:
That green grass looks so good I might start grazing if I was there. Our grass is either brown or gone..

Almost hurts my eyes to look at such tall green stuff....

Latest posts