• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

For all you Canadians and whomever else

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RMUG

Reaction score
wants to comment, I would like to hear what folks have to say about Soo Line Cattle Co. I like the bulls I have seen, have anyone on the board used, seen, ..............

Great cattle and great people! There is a discussion over on advantagecattle.com on this very same subject. It would be worth the drive to go see their cattle and visit with some really good people.

Alot of money was/is spent on cattle over the past 10 years. Cattle will always be ready for the shows. Tough to comment on the program, because they look after them well. Would like to see them in a wet t shirt contest.

Ther cattle are very,very well "presented". The Red Angus base is the Lone Pine Creek herd of Dan Siemens of Didsbury. Dan was a contientious breeder and focused on calving ease maternal bloodlines. Used the old Boot Jack c-chief 811 alot and a fair bit of Buffalo Creek breeding. He had good cattle. Don't know much about the black base at soo-line.

Saw their main herdsire at stud today, Kodiak, he certainly isn't lacking for condition. Hard to tell much about scrotal on the bull ,they(testes that is) must have been hiding, though it wasn't that cold today.... :shock: :)

Dylan Biggs said:
Ther cattle are very,very well "presented". The Red Angus base is the Lone Pine Creek herd of Dan Siemens of Didsbury. Dan was a contientious breeder and focused on calving ease maternal bloodlines. Used the old Boot Jack c-chief 811 alot and a fair bit of Buffalo Creek breeding. He had good cattle. Don't know much about the black base at soo-line.

Saw their main herdsire at stud today, Kodiak, he certainly isn't lacking for condition. Hard to tell much about scrotal on the bull ,they(testes that is) must have been hiding, though it wasn't that cold today.... :shock: :)

Dylan if it is not colder than 10 below celsius those boys should be completely down .. :wink: Scrotal circumferance is overated though and 31 cm's is a pass for RA.. My GV boy that tested 42 cm's as a yearling (not feed pushed) actually had the lowest semen count and the most defects..

I do not understand the need to bash because someone has money. :? Good for them, all the more if they are doing all they can to improve a breed. I am not familiar with this outfit, but respect good cattle of all breeds, as long as they tell you up front that they are feed pushed and pampered.

Hell ,I wish I had oil money too and I sure as heck would not be ashamed of it.. :p

hillsdown said:
Dylan Biggs said:

Dylan if it is not colder than 10 below celsius those boys should be completely down .. :wink: Scrotal circumferance is overated though and 31 cm's is a pass for RA.. My GV boy that tested 42 cm's as a yearling (not feed pushed) actually had the lowest semen count and the most defects..

Hillsdown, you are right.
Big scrotal doesn't equal high quality semen. And quite often the really bis are big for the wrong reason and have substandard semen.

Northern Rancher said:
Just stating a fact-take it however you like. I have noticed that the whiter the fence the poorer the cattle.

From what I've seen that goes both ways the guys with everything constructed of portable panels and falling down wood corrals don't make enough to cover their feed bill. Kinda funny to the one's here like that don't put up much hay and don't fix fence. I wonder what they do all day long.Most likely on the road going to see something.

MY wife is from Midale. Roger and family run a pretty large operation, they are good community boosters and they have pretty good cattle. Depending on what you want you can probably find it. They are also doing things like ultrasound (still pretty rare in Canada). I like a lot of the cattle I have seen working in the commercial industry...

Latest posts