• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

? for miocene

Help Support Ranchers.net:

burnt

Reaction score
Miocene, you mentioned in the twinning thread that you raise Simmies. Well that brought back a few memories of when we had a few Simmental cows - oh, about 15 or so years ago.

Back then we used Antonius and Great Guns Ferdinand on most of our cows. I bought a bunch of Antonius straws for pretty reasonable money and found out a while later that it went kinda high after that. And raised some beautifully muscled calves from them.

Are those names that you were familiar with?

worked for ABS in 74,75 at their stud west of calgary, remember working with Bismark and Ueli, Bismark had a nice disposition, Ueli was a mean SOB guess that's why i remember him :lol: :lol:

burnt ,I never used those particular bulls but know of others that have.my bloodline of choice back then was c&b western 2 and sir arnold.gotta go tag &check cows might have another set of twins lol

Are any of you Canadians familiar with the Black Diamond (Black
Angus) blood line?
There were some brought into the US from Canada several years ago and they were some really good (I mean really, really good) cows. In fact, some of the breeders that had gone too extreme, used that line to get their cattle back on track. I was always interested where they came from in Canada.

Bernie Quigley had them in the USA and a friend of ours leased them
after the registered Angus folks used them. We bought some bulls
from our friend and they sure worked for us.

Latest posts