• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

For The Birders

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Les

Reaction score
IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

The bottom one looks like a chickadee but the top ones I've never seen before. They look like barn sparrows that ran into some red paint.

Some dandy picture taking Les! :wink:

Yep Red Poll and Chickadee.. Empty pockets it does look like some one went along with a paintbrush and dabbed em all with paint..red polls are the same size as a chickadee

Thanks everyone..I dont think it is me Hanta Yo..I think it is the camera, or it has a lot to do with it anyways.I have taken I bet 4 thousand bird pics and have about maybe 50 keepers..I am thinkin maybe if I take enough of em I gotta get one or two that will turn out ok.

:) Nice pics Les,excellent in fact. You didn't take those today,poor little birdies hiding today

Thanks Nicky & mrs Greg
Your right mrs greg Didnt see no birds today till about 4:30 when the wind slowed down some.

Wow! Those are beautiful pix. You have a great eye for composition. Do you use a digital camera?

That is what I was going to say absolutely beautiful you are very talented.
What kind of camera is that ? The clarity is amazing.

I have turned into a kind of bird geek in the last couple of years, but for some reason there aren't too many different birds this year however I did hear the crows the other day does that mean that spring is around the corner. :)

My sister said that she saw geese flying south already. :???:

Hillsdown it is a canon eos digital rebel xti with a 300 mm lense.
we got sparrows,red polls,chickadees,magpies and ravens. And geese and ducks that hang around all yr round, they stay on the open water at the power plant.oh and we have at least one hawk.

Les said:
we got sparrows,red polls,chickadees,magpies and ravens. And geese and ducks that hang around all yr round, they stay on the open water at the power plant.oh and we have at least one hawk.
And if she wants between you and I we could PKG up maybe 1000 magpies and send them to her....we're kind that way :p

Mrs.Greg said:
Les said:
And if she wants between you and I we could PKG up maybe 1000 magpies and send them to her....we're kind that way :p

Thank you Mrs. Greg you are too kind; but with all due respect you can keep your magpies. We have already had enough problems with the vermin. :x

We have all those also but it seems that there was a wider variety last year.Or maybe I haven't been paying attention a much this year. :roll:

Anyways, great pics post more when you get a chance.

Latest posts