• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Freak of Nature???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
This is a picture of a bull we saw at the Houston Livestock show. I'll admit, he has lots of muscle, and maybe he's "top" in his breed, but just my opinion, I don't like it, it don't look normal, in any way, shape, or fashion. After talkin to the fella that owned him, I wished him the best of luck in the shows, and walked on.

2006-03-01.jpg

Looks like a pig don't he? hehe

2006-03-01-036.jpg

Rear shot of his "hams"

Kinda like my dad always said, it's what is in your pocket when you are done.

The man said all their babies are C-sections. But I couldnt bring myself to ask if the bull could actually breed or not, but I'm bettin that everthang's A-I'd. But I couldnt resist takin a picture and sharin this with ya'll. LOL :D

Turkey Track Bar said:
Hey Mike!!!

Is that your star Charolais sire Rio Blanco????

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keep it terminal...ha, ha, ha....

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

No, today's Chars have lost all that muscle. Shame. But he looks like a Char bull I bought back in the early 1960's.

Bred the low end of the dairy herd to him and made some dang good calves. Funny thing is........the calves don't come out looking like that.
I don't remember pulling any more of those than we did the Holsteins.

But I will concede that the folks that bred those little 800 pound "Knotty" beef cattle had a heckuva time. Moderate wasn't fast enough for those guys then.

In my opinion somewhere between what this bull looks like and what we have today will be the norm in the future. We have way too much fat now and not enough lean meat. Yield grades are suffering and we have "Gone Flabby".

Those Belgians are famous for their double muscles.....and they are a bit freaky looking for sure.

Latest posts