• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Friday's Cow Workin

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
I took as many pictures as I could then handed the camera off to my son, who's job was to write down newly tagged calves and any cow tags that had to be replaced. Didnt think it was such a big job, but apparently he didnt have time to take any pictures haha. Altho he did do a great job keepin records, I can't complain. Here's the few pictures I did get out of the day.

2005-09-16-001.jpg

Here they come

2005-09-16-002.jpg

Serious thought (note how lathered the horse is, man it was a scorcher)

2005-09-16-003.jpg

View from the topside

2005-09-16-004.jpg

Almost got em all sorted

2005-09-16-005.jpg

Pushin em on around

2005-09-16-007.jpg

Had one that was bein a hardhead and had to be roped n brought to the pens.

2005-09-16-008.jpg

This ole gal only has one horn, but it needed a lil trimmin. They broke the handle out of the horn cutters and had to use a cable cutter. Was still a tuff job.

2005-09-16-011.jpg

Sprayin fer flys

2005-09-16-013.jpg

Sprayin somemore

2005-09-16-015.jpg

These are the heifers I kept for replacements and for Amanda to pick out her Pen of 3 Commercial Heifers from for the next couple years.

2005-09-16-017.jpg

MR DEEP FREEZE

2005-09-16-018.jpg

"Boy I'm glad it's time to go home"

2005-09-16-021.jpg

Course ya gotta talk about it after it's all over with.

2005-09-17-002.jpg

My Trucks gettin new glow plugs n Sophie thinks she's a Mechanic too!!!

2005-09-17-003.jpg

This lil feller lives under the doggie water barrel.

2005-09-17-010.jpg

My spider lillies are just startin to bloom.

Nice pictures, jersey lilly. Ranching has different variables in different parts of the country, and it is interesting to see the similarities and the differences. Thanks for the tour. Keep the pictures coming.

HaHaHa sw,
Guess the music will hafta wait until I git the "all year" cd put together and ready to mail out as Christmas Cards. Ewwweeee Wonder if I'll remember how to do that? I'm kinda lookin forward to puttin that one together, I've been real contious about taking my camera with me everywhere I go for the sole purpose of getting a "whole years worth" of pictures for my cd.

Soapweed,
It still amazes me how different we all do things. Never get tired of lookin at your pictures. You asked the other day about "where'd I find so many trees?" Alot of people dont realize that East Texas has lots of forests and is "terminally green" (unless we are in a drought) lol But most think the whole state is like what you see in a Texas Western where it's nothin but Mesquite, dirt, tumbleweeds and WIND. I grew up in west texas.....wheww glad I found the trees.

Did you ever get time to use that program that you have that was suppossed to make it easier to put the music to the pictures and burn the CD? I have looked at several of them but have not gotten one yet, I want to find one that really does work. You should have been in Deadwood, I did manage to put poetry to pictures, but on the old VHS :D

My Other computer that has that program downloaded on it is still at the computer dr's. I guess I'm gonna hafta just break down and download it onto this laptop, as bad as I hated to, since it will run slower. maybe when the weather cools off some and there's not so much to do I"ll get busy with it and fiddle to learn how to use it. It's one that will put the pictures and music on a cd that can be played in either your cd drive of computer or in you dvd player on television.

Lilly,

Mr Deep Freeze is Also Mr Deep Hip, nice calf.

I have to adjust myself when looking at Brahma crosses, they aren't the breed of choice up here, but I see the definite need for some ear in your country. Nice hips and deep calves are nice to see anywhere,

PPRM

The only time I was in Texas it was in the pan handle and on the west side :? - - - I decided there was nothing to bring me back :( but your pictures are very different. :D I think I could like the area you are in. :D Great looking bunch. Your bulls are doing you proud!!! :D :D :D

GREAT pix, lilly!!! Thanx for sharing with us all.......was sorta jealous of all the pretty green trees you have, though :wink: :wink:

sw said:
Did you ever get time to use that program that you have that was suppossed to make it easier to put the music to the pictures and burn the CD? I have looked at several of them but have not gotten one yet, I want to find one that really does work. You should have been in Deadwood, I did manage to put poetry to pictures, but on the old VHS :D

sw, I'm trying to learn how to use the Roxio program to put music to the deadwood pictures on a CD but it is slow goin cause I'm no computer whiz.
So many things to click on. Went to the library today to try to find some appropriate music for the background but not sure I can stick it on anyway :???: :? The program won't work on my computer so have to beg time on my husband's magic box and that's like pulling teeth.

nr,
the easiest way I've found to find music to put with my picture cd's is to play and copy the music from a cd of my own to my computer using windows media player. After that you can save it to the program you use along with your pictures. Easier said than done, I had to "call for help" from my kiddo. I know your not supposed to reproduce music burned from cd's, but I'm not doing it for profit, just my own personal use. (is that bad??) lol
the first cd I made with pictures and music that I shared with sw, I used Windows Movie Maker that came on my computer from the factory.

Latest posts