• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

FRIEND HAS A SQUEEZE SHOOT FOR SALE ANYBODY GOT ONE LIKE IT

Help Support Ranchers.net:

myersfarm

Reaction score
0084.jpg

We had a neighbor that was working some Brahman cows. All he had was a head gate on his chute. Well the first few worked ok until the bad one and she took the head gate with her. Have any of you ever had to take a head gate off of a cow that wasn't very happy and she would fit down the chute? I know he would be very happy to have a chute like that one after what she done. :lol:

Looks just like the one at the first sale barn I worked at ( Mooresville Indiana ) in the early to mid 1960s

We have just gotten to spoiled ( and I'm glad we have ) with all these modern contraptions!

a ' what' for sale?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might buy a chute.....

She just gets a little testy when her trust fund check is late. I wonder if she ever thought about working for a living instead of having to wait for that handout.

Early-dayportableloadingchuteatJohnBurtons.jpg

Shoot, here is a "portable" loading chute that our neighbor was using in 1977.

KenMorelandrunningthesqueezechuteApril77.jpg

And here is the squeeze chute that we were using the same day. My cousin, Ken, is the cowboy in the photo. We were helping our neighbor, John Burton, work
yearlings that day. Shoot, the chute didn't even have a floor in it, so once in awhile one of the bigger yearlings would try to take off with the chute. All joking aside,
that was a fairly up-to-date squeeze chute for that era. It had more steel in it than some of the pure wooden versions that were in use.

Cattle have sure gotten bigger in 30 years, maybe that's why floors were put in use.

I had an identical hat to that one, looks like it was on it's first day of work. :D

Latest posts