• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

From Santa's Workshop

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
Due to playing Mrs. Claus I've been off Ranchersnet for over a week but can see all you ranchers have been at least hard at work typing emails if nothing else. Haven't waded through all your postings so you may have already discussed this up and back but I've been wondering if you are similarly tangled in Christmas present building projects. I'm sure Hanta Yo and Lily must be creating something interesting. Mr. nr and I have been building furniture for three grandkids' 18 inch dolls and sewing little dainty bed linens. It has been fun. And we're half done but we're thinking it might be faster building full sized furniture than this little stuff!
Anyway, it is nice getting back to reading what mischief you're up to out there.

Been building a couple of pairs of chinks, and a pair of sheidan style carved spur straps. Been babysittin' the grandkid and ain't got much done the last couple of days. Babysittin' is the pits! :lol:

Daughter in law just had a fit and I had to stop to listen. Seems my pup enjoys ice cream with home made chocolate sauce as much as me! She turned around to do something and when she came back he had ate her ice cream! :lol: Boy, did he get chewed out! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes... like nr, I too have gotten waaaaaay behind on the forum. I've got to make a pair of lakota moccasins for the daughter-in-law. A little more shopping to do yet and we're good to go. Still have a week left. :wink:

Lil Lilly needs a pair of chinks, daggum, how'my gonna git those done now that she's outta school??? I had forgotten all about gettin the leather for those till I just read these posts. :roll:

They might hafta wait till her Birthday..........

Well in that case I have been goin nuts. I think I have 7 or 8 different kinds of cookies made, some fudge, some candy, banana bread, pumpkin bread, strawberry bread, and of course some fruit cakes.

nenmrancher said:
Well in that case I have been goin nuts. I think I have 7 or 8 different kinds of cookies made, some fudge, some candy, banana bread, pumpkin bread, strawberry bread, and of course some fruit cakes.

Wow! You do bake up a storm nenmrancher. (what's nenm? northeast new mexico?) How bout a picture of your cookie plate to inspire us?
A friend came and we baked 4 kinds of cookies but they are all gone except for a plate we're saving for company Sunday night. That's the problem with baking too early but I'm always thinking I'll be ahead by baking early :roll:

Jinglebob and Saddletramp- we'd like to see some pix of the chinks, straps and Lakota moccasins.

Ha. we haven't had time to pay attention. Got done putting in embryos, got 2 trees (Christmas trees, not Holiday trees) put up, did some shopping, got the Christmas video done. I haven't seen even a crumb of a cookie or any candy yet. Oh yea, got the school concert out of the way, got the church program Sunday. Sure am glad this birthday party only comes once a year!

sw said:
Ha. we haven't had time to pay attention. Got done putting in embryos, got 2 trees (Christmas trees, not Holiday trees) put up, did some shopping, got the Christmas video done. I haven't seen even a crumb of a cookie or any candy yet. Oh yea, got the school concert out of the way, got the church program Sunday. Sure am glad this birthday party only comes once a year!

sw,
you now have fudge, peanut brittle, homemade caramels, sugar cookies just waiting to be frosted and decorated, peanut choc kiss cookies and divinity-1 plain, 1 mint. Yes, dau's BD is the 30th, we'll let her have her BD party. Maybe it'll snow before her birthday and we can go HOOKEY BOBBIN'!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!

nr said:
Due to playing Mrs. Claus I've been off Ranchersnet for over a week but can see all you ranchers have been at least hard at work typing emails if nothing else. Haven't waded through all your postings so you may have already discussed this up and back but I've been wondering if you are similarly tangled in Christmas present building projects. I'm sure Hanta Yo and Lily must be creating something interesting. Mr. nr and I have been building furniture for three grandkids' 18 inch dolls and sewing little dainty bed linens. It has been fun. And we're half done but we're thinking it might be faster building full sized furniture than this little stuff!
Anyway, it is nice getting back to reading what mischief you're up to out there.

Dau and I made some really neat gel candles. Put some barbed wire in the holder, put some red, rose smelling gel in them, call 'em "Barbed Wire and Roses". Made some other smells with shells, etc. on the bottom. They make really nice Christmas gifts. Been working on a counted X-stitch, maybe I'll get it done for next Christmas :(

Tried growing loofas for baskets, they didn't grow again this year :( so had to buy some for some nifty baskets we made with homemade goat soap (my friend has the goats, I buy the soap - I HATE goats! love the soap, tho). sw made up some nice collages for both of our parents with our library of pics we have, they turned out just awesome and are simply priceless since they are about the grandkids.

Hanta Yo said:

Dau and I made some really neat gel candles. Put some barbed wire in the holder, put some red, rose smelling gel in them, call 'em "Barbed Wire and Roses". Made some other smells with shells, etc. on the bottom. They make really nice Christmas gifts. Been working on a counted X-stitch, maybe I'll get it done for next Christmas :(

Tried growing loofas for baskets, they didn't grow again this year :( so had to buy some for some nifty baskets we made with homemade goat soap (my friend has the goats, I buy the soap - I HATE goats! love the soap, tho). sw made up some nice collages for both of our parents with our library of pics we have, they turned out just awesome and are simply priceless since they are about the grandkids.[/quote]

Hanta- you HAVE to post a picture of candles with barbed wire- just can't even guess what that would look like! Never heard of goat soap either. It doesn't sound very uhhh...fragrant. :???: OR is this soap to wash your goat in? :lol:

For the married kids I prepared meals and froze them so they can just reheat or bake them when they get home from work. Many cookies for them also. I made sausage from ground beef for the first time. It turned out great.

feeder said:
For the married kids I prepared meals and froze them so they can just reheat or bake them when they get home from work. Many cookies for them also. I made sausage from ground beef for the first time. It turned out great.

Feeder,
That is a really practical idea freezing some meals up as a gift!

nr said:
Hanta Yo said:

Tried growing loofas for baskets, they didn't grow again this year :( so had to buy some for some nifty baskets we made with homemade goat soap (my friend has the goats, I buy the soap - I HATE goats! love the soap, tho). sw made up some nice collages for both of our parents with our library of pics we have, they turned out just awesome and are simply priceless since they are about the grandkids.

Hanta- you HAVE to post a picture of candles with barbed wire- just can't even guess what that would look like! Never heard of goat soap either. It doesn't sound very uhhh...fragrant. :???: OR is this soap to wash your goat in? :lol:[/quote]

nr,
Will get a picture on forthwith. The goat soap is awesome, very creamy and lathery. In different fragrances, like peppermint, coconut, Christmas spice, pine, pumpkin, Rosemary mist, all kinds of fragrances. I'm just glad SHE has the goats, I can't stand 'em. The soap is made from Goat's milk, seems to be a growing business in MT.

nr,

We already gave the good ones away, the last two aren't the best but this is what they look like:

bwr.jpg

Latest posts