• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Frozen scortum

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of a bulls scrotum that has been frozen ? I have searched an cannot find one. Got into a discussion today, and I have never seen what that looks like , thankfully .

There generally will be some scabs at the bottom of the testicles from frost bite. The epididymis at the bottom of the testicles is what is usually affected.

The one's we've had in the past were pretty obvious. The bottom of the sac turns black and scabs up. Some of these bulls tested out fine, others flunked because of it.

We had the 7 new yearling bulls tested yesterday. Scrotals ranged from 37 to 40 cm. and all got a passing grade. I've quit testing older bulls. Probably not the wisest thing to do but they tear up so much stuff in close quarters and most probably wouldn't fit in the chute anyway. I use them 3 years and then send them down the road. They are always near good shelter and I've never seen one with a scab on his scrotum.

Had a bull last year that had the tip of his scrotum frozen. Had him tested and he was still firing live rounds.

tenbach79 said:
Had a bull last year that had the tip of his scrotum frozen. Had him tested and he was still firing live rounds.

be pretty scabbed up and obvious by now. bottem inch or two--if that is all--is hardly worth bothering to test---freeze the bottem half of bag,you'd better call the vet and start marking sales on calendar

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

katrina wrote:
oldblood wrote:
Can you make some human ones it's been a long winter.

Yes..... give me the measurements..

XXXL

Big Muddy you said you would never tell. :oops: :oops:

Latest posts