• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fuel supply

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Gomez

Reaction score
The trencher I have doing some work onsite is was shut down for the last couple days because he couldnt get fuel. I have ordered our diesel tank filled, we will see how long it takes to get it filled. It will be interesting how diesel will rationed if thats what it come to, even in the short term: heat for houses, fuel to feed cows and farmers to haul grain, transport trucks, cars, and public service vehicles. I know will be managing to top half of the tank this winter. I sure am glad the bales are placed for the 2-3 months of bale grazng. I have a hunch what the prices will do in the short term anyways. :wink:

My son called me a week ago Saturday and told me trucks were sitting in Weyburn with no fuel. He filled up at the little place he uses quite abit and I called and got a fill of farm fuel on Monday. Going to be interesting with all the oil patch trucks using lots of fuel.

No sign of one up north cattle pots and logging trrucks flying around everywhere. Sold some dry yearlings today got over $1100 for one draft I had to pinch myself-hope the prices hold.

It appears to be a south Sask issue. Its getting media attention, mostly about highway rigs (clear diesel) being out of stock and when is available its access is restricted to a couple hundred liters (50 gal). It took three days to get farm fuel here, normally a next day service. Just short term though. Odd feeling when ranch tank is near empty waiting for full winter fuel and coop's tanks in town are empty to and three bulk suppliers are out too. The stuff we take for granted..... :)

First time ever, I guess the perfect storm of events. A Coop upgrader and ESSO terminal (connected by pipeline to refinery in Edmonton) less than an hour away and out of fuel. Just in time inventory management is just a little to tight for my liking.

could be maybe there's more to this than meets the eye; our fearless-leader has effectly put the planned-pipeline on hold. I want a job just as much as everyone else, but I can't see the logic in running a pipeline nearly 2000 miles from Canada on down to Texas...gotta be other alternatives; Texans don't necessarily have a 'monopoly' on oil/gasoline refinery technology/know-how.

It's bad enough that the peace and serenity of the Rocky Mtn West has been turned upside-down with the huge influx of trucks and support personnel running Warp nine-point-nine-oh everywhere they go...I'm glad that this pipeline won't be built anytime soon. I moved out here to get AWAY from all the craziness...and now it's all caught up in my wake ?

...not on MY watch ! !

Seems to me that the more fuel we can get, the better. Too much ecoextremism and politics pushing against that pipeline. Putting it off "till after the election" is mighty transparent of Pres. O.

Where are the refineries with capacity to handle the extra work load within the northern USA and western CAN?

It looks more efficient to move it by pipeline and it appears much of the refining capacity is in TX (wonder why that is???).

There already are over 20 pipelines criss-crossing NE, some for many years and the Oglalla Aquifer still is flowing with nothing but ground polution, most likely mostly from humans sewage systems, so wonder why they 'got religion' against this one?

And, my 'real reason' for supporting it: in addition to the above, I'd love to have someone else helping my counties' landowners pay taxes!

mrj

Well on my way home from work today I paid $1.56 per litre. I believe there is 3.85 litres in a Yankee gallon, which would make it $6 per gallon.
Many stations have their diesel pumps ribboned off because they're dry.
This is not the first time we've had a shortage up here, in fact a couple of years ago we ran out of lubricating oil too. This Fort MacMoney oil needs to be refined in Canada.

Silver said:
Well on my way home from work today I paid $1.56 per litre. I believe there is 3.85 litres in a Yankee gallon, which would make it $6 per gallon.
This is not the first time we've had a shortage up here, in fact a couple of years ago we ran out of lubricating oil too. This Fort MacMoney oil needs to be refined in Canada.
:agree:

burnt said:
Silver said:

:agree:x3

Esso delivered some Arctic Blend winter fuel 2 days ago. I ordered it Oct 20th to be sent as soon as they had some as we were nearly out of fuel.

It cost $1.2148 per litre. I thought it was going to be more expensive but apparently your fuel is priced the day you order. It is 13 cents cheaper than marked diesel at the gas station in Anahim Lake.

hayguy said:
burnt said:
Silver said:

:agree:x3
:agree: X4

I bought 125 gallons of red #1 a few weeks ago for $3.919 and have it mixed in my tractors now. That was fresh fuel this fall, not last spring's leftover. Co-op has since got a new batch in and the price has went up over $4. :shock:

ltdumbear2 said:
could be maybe there's more to this than meets the eye; our fearless-leader has effectly put the planned-pipeline on hold. I want a job just as much as everyone else, but I can't see the logic in running a pipeline nearly 2000 miles from Canada on down to Texas...gotta be other alternatives; Texans don't necessarily have a 'monopoly' on oil/gasoline refinery technology/know-how.

It's bad enough that the peace and serenity of the Rocky Mtn West has been turned upside-down with the huge influx of trucks and support personnel running Warp nine-point-nine-oh everywhere they go...I'm glad that this pipeline won't be built anytime soon. I moved out here to get AWAY from all the craziness...and now it's all caught up in my wake ?

...not on MY watch ! !

The cost to build the entire pipeline is less than the cost to build a single refinery. The refineries here in Texas are also already interconnected to each other through a series of additional pipelines.

We have plants all across the Gulf that are not just refining crude into gasoline, but also all the needed chemicals and other things that are required to make gasoline now....we have a CO2 pipeline, a Crude Oil Pipline, a Natural Gas pipeline, an Argon pipeline, and a water pipeline crossing our ranch...all of them service multiple refineries....not just one.

This pipeline is good for both Canada and the US...it gives Canada a market for its oil with an energy and environmentally friendly means of distribution....it also allows the US to be less dependent on the middle east, and therefore less militarily active in the middle east....Also important for the military..having a reliable source of fuel that is not located near all of our enemies...good for Canada too -since Canada basically defaults to the US for all military protection.

Once the middle east is out of oil, we can all just let the morons kill themselves off....it will be the best thing that ever happened.

We are very short here with most cardlock cards limited to 300L per day. On Sunday I see they were down to 200L and last week they switched the pump back to summer diesel.
We have about 100 gallons of summer diesel in a slip tank here and will have to add conditioner. With extended grazing and bale grazing we don't burn enough diesel feeding cows (barring lots of snow) to use it up before mid-March.

Latest posts