• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

George Washington's horsemanship

Help Support Ranchers.net:

AMEN! I like them a little on the older side myself. I always womder what them old men with young woman talk about. After all, you got to rest sometime! :lol:

Yeah, I always wondered what or if they had a conversation and what it would be of :wink: :roll:
What would a 60 year old man and a 30 year old women have in common to talk about??? Or vise versa??? Creeps me out!!!!!

Jinglebob said:
nr said:
Putting George aside, why does the outer part of my knee hurt after riding?

Perhaps your horse is too fat/thick for you?
Maybe I'm too thick period! :)
Could be the saddle or the way you are riding. How far did you ride.
I only ride sporadically and then only an hour or two and my knees always bother me.
Maybe just have to learn to ignore the pain, if you are in the older catagory. Meaning anything over 40! :shock: :lol:
I never ignore pain if it can be corrected. Guess I can't ignore being way over 40 :???: Given all your choices, I'll take that the horse is too thick!

Maybe you need to ride more often for a longer period of time, so as to build your knee muscles up.

Personally, my horse is too wide, and I am too old! :shock: :lol:

In all seriousness, the properly made saddle and either lengthening or shortening your stirrup leathers might help.

But I do have a horse and a saddle that would help you and I could let you have both reeeaaal cheap. :wink: :lol:

Jinglebob said:
But I do have a horse and a saddle that would help you and I could let you have both reeeaaal cheap. :wink: :lol:

Would they fit my carpenter's horse?

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Yeap I noticed the "toes down" too.....dont know how many times I've told my daughter and heard others tell their kids....heels down!!!

The Rule is - - ""Heels Down and Out :!: ""

Heels Down - - tightens your calf mussles so if and when you apply "Leg" ot "Leg Pressure" your calf is hard and the horse feels it better.

In olden times they would use their Heels to que the hoses BUT your foot would tend to slip throught the sturip and hand-up - If you got DUMPed you could get Drug and hurt.

Down and Out - - Keeps your Spurs away from the horse :roll:

OldDog/NewTricks said:
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Yeap I noticed the "toes down" too.....dont know how many times I've told my daughter and heard others tell their kids....heels down!!!

The Rule is - - ""Heels Down and Out :!: ""

Heels Down - - tightens your calf mussles so if and when you apply "Leg" ot "Leg Pressure" your calf is hard and the horse feels it better.

In olden times they would use their Heels to que the hoses BUT your foot would tend to slip throught the sturip and hand-up - If you got DUMPed you could get Drug and hurt.

Down and Out - - Keeps your Spurs away from the horse :roll:

Thank you, will try that.

Latest posts