• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Getting started

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Find a ranch to work on that will let you run a few cows with your wages & get started . Most of the farmers & ranchers I know have silver hair or none . Many operations are going to turn over in the next 10 years with no 1 to take the wheel.
Farm & ranch guide mag for 1 has some adds for help in farming operations . You need a little grit & sand in your blood to make it happen . Good luck .

This is what I did. I noticed there were some large areas in town that people owned and paid someone else to mow. I offered to mow them for the hay. I got a square bailer and related equipment and mowed hay and sold it to horse people. Eventually I bought a acreage and started feeding some cows that I bought at the auction barns in the fall and selling them in the spring as killer cows. Now back then Corn was like a $1.30 and I always got more per pound for the cows then I paid for them and they always weighed more. Eventually I sold the acreage and bought a small farm. Timing was in my favor, but eventually it will be in yours.

Latest posts