• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

GOOD BYE,LEO HELLO BILL

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
142351611509.JPG
I thought you men would like to take a good look at the man that has done more than his share for the cattle man..........good luck PS so now its BULLARD.

he leaves a great legacy - he helped to increase the concentration of packer ownership by working to keep the border closed to canadian cattle. cargill and tyson are stronger because of his good deeds. that along with failed mcool and failed captive supplies legislation. yeah we're gonna miss him. lol.

I thought you men would like to take a good look at the man that has done more than his share for the cattle man..........good luck PS so now its BULLARD.

What I would like to know is what do the ........... stand for Haymaker? :wink: As I see it they could stand for "to bring them down." As he has lied and guaranteed things that he couldn't possibably deliver and now he is bailing off the ship just as the USDA announced a possible positive and he is going to have to answer to his words. :roll: With all the speeches he has givin in the past two years how could he go before the US media and tell the US consumers that the US beef supply is safe and they are not at risk. :? And what does the PS mean Haymaker do you think Bullard should be the next to go? :shock: With some of the things he has said it may be smart to bury him in the back office for a while too. Let a few new faces take the heat and clean up the mess, Maybe you and Oldtimer would like their jobs. :wink: as you say Haymaker GOOD LUCK. :lol:

No what I meant ,Miss Tam was I think Bill Bullard is very capable .............good luck

Tam said:
Capable of what Haymaker? :wink:

capable of assuring the health of the USA cattle herd,and capable of promoting M COOL, and capable of fighting for the captive supply reform act.............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Tam said:
Capable of what Haymaker? :wink:

capable of assuring the health of the USA cattle herd,and capable of promoting M COOL, and capable of fighting for the captive supply reform act.............good luck

Just how is he going to assure the health of the US cattle herd if this cow test result comes back positive? The US has bigger problems than a lawsuit to keep the border closed to Canadian cattle can fix. Promoting MCOOL might turn out to be the biggest mistake Bill could do. If the US consumers believe the USDA failed to protect them as Leo and Bill have been saying all over the country then why would the US consumer trust your meat any more than Leo and Bill trusts ours. There will be no need to fight against captive supply nobody will want your beef captive or not when the stories get out about your system. If Leo and Bill and the rest of you R-CALFers wouldn't have tried so hard to discredit beef that was raised to a higher standard than yours then maybe you would have had a half a chance to get out of a BSE find in the US, but now you are going to have to live with every story Leo and Bill dreamed up to keep the border closed. Including the one about all beef raised in a country known to have BSE is tainted and is a genuine risk of death if consumed. Good Luck keeping consumer confidence after the anti beef groups get through repeating every word Leo and Bill have said about Canadian beef but they will be saying it about your Beef Haymaker. Good Old Texas Beef.

there sure are alot of "if's"in your post Miss Tam,I dont believe we will ever find a positive case of BSE here in the states,and "if" I could get me a bag of those canadian tags I can guarantee you we wont......good luck :wink:

forget about the canadian tags haymaker. you better get at scraping all those r-calf bumper stickers off.

Couldn't help wondering about the ad beside Leo's announcement on meatingplace.

http://www.meatingplace.com/MembersOnly/webNews/init.aspx

Sorry guys, you gotta be a member, but it's absolutly pricesless and worth the moment or two to get in.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta love that Canadian Beef! I hear Leo has an order in for Canadian steaks for his party and that they are out of some of DeBruckyers steers that were on feed up here!

My, How The World Has Changed Since 2003
There seems to be a general belief all we need to regain our markets is win back access. However, we're facing a drastically different world than prior to the U.S. discovery of BSE in December 2003.

Among the nations that have had BSE, the U.S. is the only one that hasn't, or isn't in the process of implementing, a traceback system. Canada has only built a competitive packing industry. Instead having of a partner in the behemoth that was the North American beef industry in the export market, - the U.S. has helped create a fierce competitor for the high-quality market.

Plus, Canada will be a highly subsidized competitor to boot. Our counterparts north of the border have $80 million in the bank for overseas beef promotion.

Prior to BSE, the U.S. controlled more than 23% of the global beef export market. Today, it's less than 3%. Australia and others are committed to keeping the market share they've won in our absence. Growth in Argentina and Brazil is well documented and impressive. Uruguay essentially put in place the ultimate in process verification, certifying the entire production system.

Things have changed even domestically. Despite record prices, the U.S. share of its own domestic market is the smallest in its history. Not surprisingly, the tremendous demand growth we've experienced is beginning to wane. We've officially entered into the expansion phase of the cattle cycle, with the highs in prices clearly established and price trends now moving the other way.

From a political standpoint, we can't ignore the continued urbanization - or suburbanization - of the legislative branch of government, as rural America continues to lose seats in Congress, and political clout.

The U.S. remains the low-cost producer of high-quality, corn-fed beef, and boasts the world's best infrastructure, genetics, management, feeding, processing and marketing systems, as well as the best product. But, it's a much more competitive environment globally than when we left it.
-- Troy Marshall

There has been a golden opportunity to learn from what happened to us.

To learn how to keep your consumer's trust. How to expand your domestic market. How to maintain a reputation for being forthright and willing to face the BSE problem rather than try and hide it. How to maintain integrity.

Opportunity lost???? wasted????? :?

So sad. :(

Its almost comical how the mention of two or three little words like- Leo, or Bullard, or R-CALF can make grown Canadians quake in their boots and wet down their leg ..... Someday they need to grow up and reallize that they aren't the boogeyman.....But as long as you are listening to Cargil and Tysons bedtime stories read to you by AMI, CCA, ABP, and NCBA you will live with the covers over your head....... :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Its almost comical how the mention of two or three little words like- Leo, or Bullard, or R-CALF can make grown Canadians quake in their boots and wet down their leg ..... Someday they need to grow up and reallize that they aren't the boogeyman.....But as long as you are listening to Cargil and Tysons bedtime stories read to you by AMI, CCA, ABP, and NCBA you will live with the covers over your head....... :lol:

OLD TIMER ,some times I dont think we will ever convince these canuckle heads to quit listening to these packer stories,Ranch to Rail, strategic alliance,etc. its all a bunch of packer BULL SHEIST side step your neighbors at the sale barn and the money you save packers will split with you,if you are lucky.............good luck PS I wish I could run into a couple canuckle heads around here,I'D brain wash em and put their but to building fence.And while IM on the subject I heard a rumor that a canuckle head has moved in around here,I hope its true be like a dream come true for me ,meet a canuckle head eye ball to eye ball
boy could I have some fun, elmo said he was at the local watering hole joining the domino club,ILL find out shortly.

Sounds like those You-Alls we get up here most summers. Come across the medicine line in their 'burbies with a brand new winch. Dressed in them wool shirts most of us only break out during the whitetail rut. Sweatin' like a chuckwagon horse at the Stampede. Snow shoes strapped to the roof rack and looking for a place to get stuck.
Breaks their heart when they learn that the QE II is 4-laned half way to Alaska.
And the only snow they can find is in their Slurpies down at 7-11.

Neil Waugh said:
Sounds like those You-Alls we get up here most summers. Come across the medicine line in their 'burbies with a brand new winch.
Dressed in them wool shirts most of us only break out during the whitetail rut. Sweatin' like a chuckwagon horse at the Stampede.
Snow shoes strapped to the roof rack and looking for a place to get stuck.
Breaks their heart when they learn that the QE II is 4-laned half way to Alaska.
And the only snow they can find is in their Slurpies down at 7-11.

Thats not what I heard I got a big canuckle head friend,maybe you heard of him, I call him Big Dummie from Big Beaver and he wears those "woolies" regularly................good luck

Latest posts