• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Dr. Visit

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
One of the joys of a wonky liver is you build up fluid from your waist down-basicallyyour legs,feet and belly puff out till your skin starts to stretch and you get a real burning unrelenting itch. The pressure on your gut can be relieved by running an 8 inch needle into your abdomen and draining it off-guess how I spent new year's Eve lol-they got about 70 ounces that time. I texted my Dr. yesterday as I puffed up again and he told me to come in for a sticking. Checked me out and figures if I use a diuretic and pump up my protein intake it will disburse on it's own-I need to eat at least a dozen raw eggs and lots of meat a day. So it's 'We have to have steak again honey-Dr's orders' lol. I sure didn't miss the big needle even if it gave some relief.

I HOPE YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEART AND SOUL HOW MANY OF US HERE ARE PULLING FOR YOU AND SENDING OUR PRAYERS EACH AND EVERY DAY!! THE "NEEDLE" IS UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT SHE DOES DO THE TRICK, AS I HAVE WITNESSED MANY TIMES....HERE IS HOPING THE DIURETIC DOES THE SAME FOR YOU, YOUNG MAN, SO THAT THE NEEDLE BECOMES A DISTANT MEMORY!!! STAY STRONG, NR!!! :!:

Glad to hear the good report. Hang in there. I am coming up to visit one of these days.

I'm not much of a fisherman. Either I catch em quick, or I find something else to do. I have all the patience that God gave me in the beginning. Never used a bit of it.

I eat alot of protien for my health and I'm so glad It's protien. I couldn't imagine any other type... Keeps us informed on how it's working.. Might have a new slogan in the works for beef consumption..

NR, that is good news if you can get rid of your excess fluid without a needle! Not sure I could handle a dozen raw eggs. Scrambled with tabasco sauce, that might work. And cut the steak in little chunks mixed in with the eggs. :wink:

On the diuretic, I'm convinced that our bodies sometimes develop some kind of immunity to a drug, and switching pills will get the water works working again.

Right now I'm taking bumetanide. In the past I have taken furosemide and spirolactone. If one ain't working like it used to, maybe a guy might need to switch pills?

Latest posts