• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Last week I asked how to tell if you were in the middle of a drought, or at the end. I wish I had paid more attention, because as it turns out we were near the end. We had about an inch and a half the middle of the week. It fell so nicely and hardly stood any water. The ground soaked it up. Folks everywhere were thanking God, and very appreciative of the blessing. Two or three times, I heard the comment that "God is good". He certainly is that, but I got to thinking isn't God just as good in the drought as He is after a rain? The answer is obvious and affirmitive. Don't we realize it? It is nice when He reminds us of the fact. At any rate, God is, indeed, very good, and I won't miss this opportunity to tell Him so! Have a good Sunday Mornin'.

Thanks, Shortgrass, for another fine message. Lately this area has been blessed with much needed moisture. Last week we received 1.7 inches, and so far this week it's been 2.4 inches of rain. Now the grass is coming on fast. God is good. :)

Soapweed said:
Thanks, Shortgrass, for another fine message. Lately this area has been blessed with much needed moisture. Last week we received 1.7 inches, and so far this week it's been 2.4 inches of rain. Now the grass is coming on fast. God is good. :)

But is he good when we have a drought? :?

Is a drought God's way of reminding us that life is not always easy?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:

He is always available to call on for help, no matter what the circumstances. We tend to lean on Him more when things aren't going "our way." When things are too cushy, people tend to get complacent and leave God out of their lives. Look at the 911 scare. The next Sunday the churches were full, and even the next couple weeks attendance was good. Then it pretty much went back to things as usual, with God left out in the cloakroom. :?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:

Hmmm. Your question made me think of this old poem -

God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

God hath not promised we shall not know
Toil and temptation, trouble and woe;
He hath not told us we shall not bear
Many a burden, many a care.

God hath not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift, easy travel, needing no guide;
Never a mountain, rocky and steep,
Never a river, turbid and deep.

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/nt/720

As i type this the wind is blowing and the dust is in the air. We haven't had any kind of moisture since August. The grass looks like January the crops are bad, but the Psalmist stated "how blessed is the man whose sin is forgiven". God is good and we are very blessed!!!!!

Latest posts