• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, we went to Steamboat for the Superior sale. We were in the mountains above Craig in an area known as the Bear's Ears. The wildflowers were going crazy. They were so pretty and bountiful. They grew side by side with thistles and thorns. We couldn't get across the top because of snow. The same soil, the same harsh conditions had produced the weeds and thistles produced the beautiful flowers. I think of the 11 apostles; they were full of doubt, denial, and every one of them abandoned the Lord as he was arrested and crucified. But these same men became very loyal, trustworthy and bold after the resurrection. Jesus' brothers did not believe as he was crucified, but were counted among the disciples after they had witnessed the resurrection. As I see people that are like the thorns and thistles, I know they are a product of harsh circumstances. Yet, others who are a product of like circumstances are more like the flowers that add beauty and vibrancy to the world. I think that keeping our focus on the resurrection of the living God, no matter the circumstances, will be the key to being a person of beauty! Any of us with any experience at this game called life knows that that can be very challenging at times. It is good to remind ourselves of these things from time to time - at least we'll have a plan. Have yourself a good Sunday mornin'.

Thank you for that, Shortgrass. It's been a long time since I've seen the Truth of the Gospel put so eloquently, yet with such simplicity. A Good Sunday morning to you as well.

Thanks, Shortgrass. Your short succint messages are like the high protein "shortgrass" pastures in the area where you ranch. They pack a lot of spiritual nourishment in limited volume. God uses you mightily in spreading His Word.

Thanks Shortgrass. Those 11 apostles were no different than us, but God gave them what was needed to fulfill His plan for them. I'm reminded God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called.

Latest posts