• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
Many of us on this site like a good horse. I seen some of them in pictures, and they arn't stick horses. To me a good horse stands apart in attitude, or we may call it heart. Some horses just obey the bridle or spur. They know the cue and respond. A good horse knows his job, and enjoys it. If some cow challenges him, his head goes down, ears back, and he's on it! The least nudge from you will just stoke him more. Or it might be that you pull him off something, annd he'll shake his head and you can tell he'll quit, but would rather charge on. You just have a relationship with him, and you both want it to be peaceful, and he understands that you are the boss, and submits willingly. This illustration helps me understand Psalm 32: 8+9:

8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
9 Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you.

Have a Good Sunday mornin' & God bless....

Thanks, Shortgrass. Great analogy. On another thought, it seems that "Horse Whisperers" abound. There are many gurus who spend infinite amounts of time promoting
the relationship and bonding that needs to go on between a person and their horse. Perhaps it would be to our eventual and eternal best interest if we spent at least
an equal amount of time working on our relationship with the one who made us and who will either receive or reject us at the time of our death.

Soapweed said:
Thanks, Shortgrass. Great analogy. On another thought, it seems that "Horse Whisperers" abound. There are many gurus who spend infinite amounts of time promoting
the relationship and bonding that needs to go on between a person and their horse. Perhaps it would be to our eventual and eternal best interest if we spent at least
an equal amount of time working on our relationship with the one who made us and who will either receive or reject us at the time of our death.

Hmmm, there does seem to be a correlation between time and relationship, doesn't there. Good point.

Latest posts