• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
My sis has a neat Christmas tradition. No decorations can go up before the Nativity Scene is in place. The Nativity story is read by dad as mom supervises the children, now the grandchildren, as they place the characters in place as the story is read. Her Children, and grandchildren know the story and the reason for the season. Other practices I believe are beneficial include teaching children to do some nice things (simple things) for mom or dad, grandparents, neighbors, teachers or whoever. Spend more days teaching them to give and don't worry about the getting part so much. They'll enjoy the getting and understand that someone invested some thought and care in them. Maybe we would find some Christmas cheer amid the commercialization. Don't fall into the trap that love can be expressed in dollar amounts. God invested his life in us, and lived in poverty while here. That is pretty amazing, and well worth celebrating! Have a good Sunday mornin', and a great Christmas season!

Am certainly going to try to instill these ideas and beliefs in my son...I got to say, I wake up on Sundays looking forward to getting on ranchers.net to read what you wrote for the day. Thank you for that!

That is a wonderful tradtion to instill in a family. Thanks for giving a great idea, with grandkids just arriving on the scene.
Hope everyone has a glorious week and a meaningful upcoming Christmas season.

Soapweed said:
That is a wonderful tradtion to instill in a family. Thanks for giving a great idea, with grandkids just arriving on the scene.

Heck the Spearhead ranch could do it's own Christmas pageant. You have the baby for the manger, Bob could be a wise man and Soap could ride in on his ass/mule. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:

Heck the Spearhead ranch could do it's own Christmas pageant. You have the baby for the manger, Bob could be a wise man and Soap could ride in on his ass/mule. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good idea, but we don't have any sheep. :) :) :)

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:

Good idea, but we don't have any sheep. :) :) :)

You could substitute with Kosmo's goats. :wink:

Latest posts