• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I viewed "a boy named Hesston" and decided that is sure a great example of biblical truth, so I decided to make it this topic. Scriptures tell us to train up a child in the way HE should go. That is very often different than the way mom and dad expected he would go. God has a plan for our lives. He instills talents or "bents" in us. These usually manifest themselves in interests. A lot can change in the next few years, but these parents are to be commended for encouraging their son, Hesston, to pursue his interests rather than their own expectations. They exemplify what Proverbs 22: 6 is saying. We just can't forget to give God the credit, and remind our children that it is He that has made us to differ from another. Have a good Sunday mornin', and God Bless.

Shortgrass, I think you hit on something there that is totally missed by most preachers who have spoken on that verse. Not to mention many of us who have raised families. You gave a good insight into a verse that is usually understood to mean just instilling general, good values rather than guidance that is specific to a child's gifting and unique purpose here.

Latest posts