• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I have met some folks who take a lot of pride in their bike or automobile. So much, in fact, that they refuse to take their vehicle off pavement. I guess that is alright if paved roads get you where you want to go. My home is on a dirt road, and at times it is not the best. I remember when that road used (long ago…sigh :cry: ) to get muddy and rutted. Well, I just never gave much thought to it, and traveled the road. Sometimes it did cause damage, and I did need to make repairs. Many of you, like me just have to travel some rough roads to get home. Several of your roads are rougher than mine. Though they are different and have varying degrees of difficulty, we each welcome the challenges involved because of the warm fire and loving reception awaiting us. The lesson is clear; the Lord has not promised easy travels, rather it is the contrary. He gives us some pretty rough roads and then travels with us, and we are to welcome the challenges, knowing that the home that awaits is well worth the ride. Yeah, I know, sometimes the ride is pretty rough, but the home is beautiful beyond our imagination. Have a good Sunday mornin', and God Bless.

Well timed message Shortgrass. A son of one of the guides I worked for in the late 80's has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called Angiosarcoma. He is now in Arizona seeking treatment after the doctors here gave him all they could offer. A donation fund was set up for Sid about 3 weeks ago. Debbie and I came up with the idea to have a benefit auction to help out with the medical bills. We put the idea to a lady that owns one of the two eateries in our little town and she did a great job of organization and gathering donations to be auctioned off.

Well, our little community raised just over $15,000 for Sid tonight. It was one of the best functions most said they ever attended and it was great to see the generosity of our neighbors in helping a friend in need.

It is hoped that Sid's road smooths over some and he will be able to enjoy his time on earth for a while yet before it's time to go.

Thanks

gcreekrch said:
Well timed message Shortgrass. A son of one of the guides I worked for in the late 80's has been diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called Angiosarcoma. He is now in Arizona seeking treatment after the doctors here gave him all they could offer. A donation fund was set up for Sid about 3 weeks ago. Debbie and I came up with the idea to have a benefit auction to help out with the medical bills. We put the idea to a lady that owns one of the two eateries in our little town and she did a great job of organization and gathering donations to be auctioned off.

Well, our little community raised just over $15,000 for Sid tonight. It was one of the best functions most said they ever attended and it was great to see the generosity of our neighbors in helping a friend in need.

It is hoped that Sid's road smooths over some and he will be able to enjoy his time on earth for a while yet before it's time to go.

Thanks

That is pretty cool. A substancial amount of cash will help, but, even more just the knowlege that his neighbors cared so much.

Thanks, Shortgrass. Our roads can be rough, but God gave man the ability to invent four-wheel-drive. God is always available to help, if we just grab hold and hang on tight. Today the wind is blowing over fifty miles per hour. Whenever I get disgusted with too much wind, all I have to do is look at my missing finger caused by a pumpjack that was needed because there was no wind. All of a sudden, a little wind to turn the windmills is mighty welcome. :)

I know this is somewhat rambling and irrelevant, but windy days tend to do this to me. :? The low barometer is giving us a significant run on baby calves today, too. At least the temperature is 76 degrees, and even with the fifty mile per hour breeze, the "windchill" is not applicable. :)

We had 40 mph wind out of the south today; adding insult to injury a fire started 5 mi straight south of us. Thanks to God for a great VFD that knocked the fire down right away. Lost a vacant house and 80 acres. Downed power line.

Latest posts