• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
The Bible is the most pertinent book to life ever written. Most of us agree with that, but I can hear someone saying yes, but it is so boring and dull I can't get into it. Truth is, all of us have been there. The bible is a book not just to be read, but to be lived. Try making a note book. Read a portion of scripture and answer two questions. What did the Bible say? What changes do I need to make in my thoughts or actions to comply with what it says? Then do it. The Bible is best understood not by the scholar who reads, rereads, outlines and debates chapter after chapter, but by the man or woman who reads a few verses daily and lives it. For instance, it says "love your enemies, bless them that persecute you." Pick that person at work or neighbor that doesn't like you. Tell him he has done a nice job and you noticed it, or that his calves or crop is doing well and you hope he has a bountiful harvest. Help him if you see an opportunity. Put some time and money into the fence between you and him. Smile and say "good morning" and mean it. It will make a difference in your life, and maybe in his. When you do what the Bible says, it will become real for you. Now the book becomes challenging and exciting. Don't just read it, live it! Have a good Sunday mornin' and God bless.

Great advice. :D

I think what you wrote probably put the bible into a better context than any minister I have listened to that I can remember.

Living the bible, :D

Good Sunday morning to you and yours. :D

Shortgrass, you do have a wonderful way of saying so much in such few words. God speaks volumes through your short messages.

It was always hard for me to read the Bible, because there weren't any cowboy stories in it. :) Yes, there are plenty of livestock producers mentioned, but it is hard to conjure up images of them wearing hats and boots, riding broncs, and being handy with a rope. :wink:

Shortgrass said:
The Bible is the most pertinent book to life ever written. Most of us agree with that, but I can hear someone saying yes, but it is so boring and dull I can't get into it. Truth is, all of us have been there. The Bible is a book not just to be read, but to be lived. Try making a note book. Read a portion of scripture and answer two questions. What did the Bible say? What changes do I need to make in my thoughts or actions to comply with what it says? Then do it. The Bible is best understood not by the scholar who reads, rereads, outlines and debates chapter after chapter, but by the man or woman who reads a few verses daily and lives it. For instance, it says "love your enemies, bless them that persecute you." Pick that person at work or neighbor that doesn't like you. Tell him he has done a nice job and you noticed it, or that his calves or crop is doing well and you hope he has a bountiful harvest. Help him if you see an opportunity. Put some time and money into the fence between you and him. Smile and say "good morning" and mean it. It will make a difference in your life, and maybe in his. When you do what the Bible says, it will become real for you. Now the book becomes challenging and exciting. Don't just read it, live it! Have a good Sunday mornin' and God bless.

What you have said this morning should be copied and displayed on every refrigerator door in the world. Thanks for your wisdom.

Thanks Shortgrass for a powerful message. We need to live the Bible everyday since that may be the only Bible some people ever read. If they can't see a difference in our lives what is there to draw them to them to Jesus.

Great message Shortgrass! :D While the Bible might be kinda challenging to read, it goes along with lots of other things that aren't easy but the reward is magnificent. It is the words of God and his Prophets directed to us as motivation, encouragement and warning. And if the world's ever needed it, it is today! I will take your fine suggestion and see if i can't do better at keeping mine free from dust. :D

Latest posts